Recommendation for Touch Up Joint

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
Anybody have a good recommendation for a place that does solid work for paint touch ups? The woman’s SUV could use some love on the rear bumper and front fender before it goes in for end of lease inspection.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
lease inspection?

fuck that, get one of those scratch remover pens and go to town like a kid scribbling on a wall.

efff it

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
lease inspection?

fuck that, get one of those scratch remover pens and go to town like a kid scribbling on a wall.

efff it

I’ve never had one, so I’m not sure how detailed/picky they are. I was contemplating touching up the stuff myself.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
honestly, try one of the scratch pens, they work extremely well surprisingly enough... and then if that doesn't handle the sitch, take it somewhere, and be extremely specific on what you want done and why you are having it done.

The Beast

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
If there is paint missing or chipped in chunks or deep scratches I would recommend getting them fixed. These manufacturers hire a company to do there inspections and they can be dicks sometimes

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
post a pic [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION]

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
Donating Member
Reaction score
I had a scratch pen that worked pretty good on the G8. But after I took it to a body shop, they were able to buff it so well that you couldn't even tell where the scratch was. The pen by itself hid the 'whiteness' of the scratch, but you could still see where it was fixed. But the body shop just went a little further with the buffing.

BTW, anyone with a Stryker Blue G8 is welcome to have the rest of it for the freeness.

I'm also interested in having some stuff fixed on the Mustang, light scratches. I'll see how your experience goes.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
I had a scratch pen that worked pretty good on the G8. But after I took it to a body shop, they were able to buff it so well that you couldn't even tell where the scratch was. The pen by itself hid the 'whiteness' of the scratch, but you could still see where it was fixed. But the body shop just went a little further with the buffing.

BTW, anyone with a Stryker Blue G8 is welcome to have the rest of it for the freeness.

I'm also interested in having some stuff fixed on the Mustang, light scratches. I'll see how your experience goes.
if you're going to be keeping it, there are different ways to have stuff like this repaired.

what [MENTION=60]greasy[/MENTION] is looking for, imo, should be some shop to "airbrush" aka, just spray paint right onto the bumper, while it's on the car, without removing anything, only taping off portions, and not clear-wrapping.

what you'd be looking for, is for a shop to remove the bumper, repair the issue, and then clear wrap (cover the entire part) with clear coat.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
What kind of car is it? I ordered the factory Honda touch up pen on Ebay for my civic for $20.

greasy

LTTR BOX
Donating Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. This is a Lexus SUV.
[MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] is on the right track, not looking to have full panels resprayed.

IMG_2853.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
what town is close to you?

i may be able to point you some places.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom