TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
AK-NITRO-BL_01.png

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I just grabbed one of the fancy leather chairs from one of the execs office and look like a baller... A couple years ago, the reclining controller broke, so the thing is in permanent recline. So I either sit reclined or on the edge, upright like now. Most comfortable I've ever been.

They came around a year or so a with those fancy new ergonomic chairs like Spivitz posted above, and it was the most uncomfortable POS I've ever sat in. They took my nice leather one in exchange... SO I went and found it where they pooled all the old chairs on the floor, shoved that new ergonomic one in their face telling them to fuck off and grabbed my old leather chair.

For home, one of these days, I'm gonna buy a GTO seat and make my own using the base of my current leather chair.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
BUMP.

Been scouring amazon the past 2 days looking for a new chair. This is kinda tough :rofl:

What I want, is a high back, reclining would be nice, but easy tilting is more important to me, adjustable arm rests would be nice, and really would like cloth, because as hot as it gets in this room in the summer, I really dont wanna be stuck to (p)leather. One of them fancy mesh chairs would certainly breath nicely, but honestly, those style of chairs just do not look comfortable to me at all. I need cushions and padding. Price range I wanna stick to around 2-300.

Been considering this basic bitch DX Racer, as it checks most of the boxes, but these style of gaming chairs really force you to sit straight and have good posture, and I don't know if Im gonna like that :rofl:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071LDQTB8/?tag=tcg21-20

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
https://www.officedepot.com/a/produ...ers-Jennings-Super-Task/fromLocalBrowse=false
I believe this is the chair I bought in sept. I was hesitant on spending 300+ On a chair at first but realized the amount of time I sit is worth not getting a cheap chair. My favorite part about it is the lumbar support when you lean back. Hard to explain but when you lean it pops out to support your back and goes back in when you sit up straight.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
God damn this chair looks comfy. I just wanna throw on a robe a smoke a cigar in this thing.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NGQD624/?tag=tcg21-20

But I really fear that if I go with leather it will come back to bite me in my swampy ass come summer time.

Those get blown out within a year or so.

Stay with Herman Miller or Steelcase and they'll likely last forever, and even if parts do break, you can get replacement parts very easily.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Those get blown out within a year or so.

Stay with Herman Miller or Steelcase and they'll likely last forever, and even if parts do break, you can get replacement parts very easily.

What he said!!!!

I have seen Steelcase Criterion chairs that were 15 years old that still worked like new. Parts for both Steelcase and Miller are easily attainable.
This is one of my vendors who 95% of the time has parts I'm looking for.
If anyone ever needs parts let me know as I get dealer pricing.
For example the gas cylinders he has listed for like $35, I get for $21 plus shipping.
Crandall Office Furniture - New and Used Office Chairs and Parts - Herman Miller, Steelcase, Hon Office Chair Replacement Parts, Remanufacted Refurbished Office Seating - Crandall Office Furniture

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Welp. My estimated delivery wasn't expected until the 7th-9th, but checked the tracking this morning and saw it was out for delivery! And here she is. Next to the old chair that I've had for I don't know how many years now. I think my ass just got used to how flat the cushion had become :rofl:

GBpuaWQ.jpg

Only took me 1 beer to assemble! I put the pillows on for the picture, but I'm currently not using the lumbar pillow. I do like the headrest pillow tho so I think I may keep that.

Initial impressions are positive. I think my back is probably gonna start saying WTF to the more upright posture this chair forces you into, but hopefully it'll pass. I think Im gonna love the recline function for when I go on youtube binges. Especially DeMuro vids, which I usually watch before bed to put me to sleep. I went with this chair specifically because the seat cushion is flatter than most of the other dx chairs, the bolsters really dont intrude into my thighs at all. And the bolsters that hug my ribs seem to be just about the right fit for me.

Now I can finally realize my dream of becoming a twitch streamer!! :hsughlol:

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Mar 15, 2009
New Lenox, IL
What he said!!!!

I have seen Steelcase Criterion chairs that were 15 years old that still worked like new. Parts for both Steelcase and Miller are easily attainable.
This is one of my vendors who 95% of the time has parts I'm looking for.
If anyone ever needs parts let me know as I get dealer pricing.
For example the gas cylinders he has listed for like $35, I get for $21 plus shipping.
Crandall Office Furniture - New and Used Office Chairs and Parts - Herman Miller, Steelcase, Hon Office Chair Replacement Parts, Remanufacted Refurbished Office Seating - Crandall Office Furniture

You still doin' deals on Herman Millers & Steelcases?

I'm like 6'2" 210lbs for sizing reference.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info