Recommend me a new TV

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Any recommendations for a TV in the $5-600 range and 50-55"?

No need for a smart Tv as I use all the apps on the Xbox so that'd be redundant. Mostly concerned about how it looks for video games and with the Xbox Scorpio coming soon that'll be 4K would like it to support that.

I just setup a friends 55" Samsung 6-series 6300 4K LED but when she had tennis on it looked like the ball was shuttering across the screen instead of smoothly flying across. Does this have to do with refresh rate? Would like to avoid that issue.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
I was looking at the P-Series Vizio TV's. That's actually what I went there for, but, from what I was told at BB the M-Series TV's didn't have HDR. Plus I wasn't a fan of the chromecast and would've just used my XB1 for the smart capabilities anyways.

I really like the vizio units, for the price I'm going to give this a shot and see how I like it. I've got two weeks to try it out lol.

Just so you know BB sold you some "swampland in Florida" if they told you it was True HDR. HDR Pro will give you better colors and contrast but basically all it means it the TV is capable of reading HDR content and does some software trickery to enhance it. The panel itself is not HDR 10-bit color capable. Still looks good and I did't really notice a difference when I bought my HDR 4K set last weekend, but just letting you know.

HDR 10-Bit (Often HDR 1000 on Samsung) is what you wanna look for for that true HDR color spectrum

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
BUMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Looking to purchase a new TV here in the next month or so. I am not a huge AV-phile, but do like something to look good. I would be using this for watching shows and streaming content. Educate me using like any standard streaming service - Netflix, ESPN, Amazon, etc....are they all broadcasting things in 4K or is it only select things. Do you recommend LED or OLED. I would like the TV to be a smart TV. I prefer the TV to be in the 70-80" range and the upper price limit would be around $1,500.

Thoughts? Mook Mook

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
What's your budget?

BUMMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Looking to purchase a new TV here in the next month or so. I am not a huge AV-phile, but do like something to look good. I would be using this for watching shows and streaming content. Educate me using like any standard streaming service - Netflix, ESPN, Amazon, etc....are they all broadcasting things in 4K or is it only select things. Do you recommend LED or OLED. I would like the TV to be a smart TV. I prefer the TV to be in the 70-80" range and the upper price limit would be around $1,500.

Thoughts? Mook Mook

you ponce

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Like are these bad deals or TV's?

1642606572038.png

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
While we are at it, can we swing the other way in size? Need to get my mom a replacement TV. 32-40” max, would really like to get her a 4K, which are rare at that size.

Not much to choose from at all ad likely not that expensive anyway....

My brother just grabbed a Sony 43" one that he really likes for his "office" AKA where he goes to play video games....

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Not much to choose from at all ad likely not that expensive anyway....

My brother just grabbed a Sony 43" one that he really likes for his "office" AKA where he goes to play video games....
Yeah, I'd like to go larger for her, but we have to work within the confines of the space available for where she wants a TV Has a old Toshiba 32" 720p now, with the huge plastic frame that was standard in those days. So going to 40" with a thin bezel would only increase the overall size by a few inches. Anything really over 40" would be too large to even fit. No point in limiting it to 1080p either, hence the desire to get her to 4K, as she really likes the picture on my Samsung QLED, which I would say is only middle-of-the-road compared to the new TV's out today, and mine's only 2 years old.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Yeah, I'd like to go larger for her, but we have to work within the confines of the space available for where she wants a TV Has a old Toshiba 32" 720p now, with the huge plastic frame that was standard in those days. So going to 40" with a thin bezel would only increase the overall size by a few inches. Anything really over 40" would be too large to even fit. No point in limiting it to 1080p either, hence the desire to get her to 4K, as she really likes the picture on my Samsung QLED, which I would say is only middle-of-the-road compared to the new TV's out today, and mine's only 2 years old.

Think you only have one option then.....

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Yeah, that’s why I’m thinking 40”. It’ll be a tight fit. 43” definitely too large.

Is anyone even making a 40" TV anymore?

All the 4K's at Best Buy are now 43"

Same issue my brother was running into, replacing a 32" and wanted 4K for his PS5, but he had to bite the bullet and go to 43" and move things around in his office.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info