Recommend me a new minivan!

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
I'm pretty sure they are? I'd have to ask the man for sure and look at the schedule but I know I've heard some guys talking about it.

Do it anyway so I have a reason to play with mine again instead of leaving it outside of the shop to look cool ?

View attachment 123966
Hmmm that would be cool if they did. I haven't heard or seen anything about it this year.

Reactions: sktchy

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
psh GIF

*Cars & Bids

Yaj Yak Yaj Yak

View attachment 136970

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
any updates?

also who'd you contact for lemonlaw shit?

friend of mine has a hybrid jeep 4xe with under 10k miles on it but more than a year old that's a flaming pile of shit.
Van has been good although it seems like it might be starting to act up slightly. Last week it had a check engine light on for half a day, but hasn't been back since. Also, the van is starting to not recognize the key fob's even though they have good batteries. Late last week my wife couldnt use the fob to get into the van, so she used the physical key inside the fob to open it up, but then the alarm went off for 5-10 mins in the store parking lot and somehow it finally recognized the fob and she got going. If this van was at least semi reliable, it'd be great. We absolutely love the damn thing when it works, and I think it's the best van on the market, except for god awful reliability. We just don't trust the thing at all.

Last night we went to Honda, Toyota, and Kia to check out their vans. Didn't like the Kia. Really liked the Toyota and Honda. Honda's are pretty readily available and they still wanted $1,500 adm...laughed and said no fucking way. The Toyota dealer we stopped at first will order us a Sienna for sticker with no mandatory dealer bullshit add ons, so I think that is what we're going to do. Hopefully our Pacifica can hold out another 6ish months till a Sienna comes in...lol

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I just went through the key thing with a Chrysler at work. Fob somehow unprogrammed itself and came up with an invalid skim key dtc and the van was locked the hell up. Started out as the remote not opening doors as it should.

Ended up having to have a locksmith cut a new manual key for it with a chip in it and the alarm still goes off when you unlock it until you put the key in the ignition and start it. Van was completely immobilized without going this route and couldn't even put it in neutral to drag it away from my shop door.

I hope you find a better fix but in a pinch this will at least save you from being completely stranded when the fob completely goes out if you have one made before it happens.

• Sad
Reactions: Jeffs FRC

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Van has been good although it seems like it might be starting to act up slightly. Last week it had a check engine light on for half a day, but hasn't been back since. Also, the van is starting to not recognize the key fob's even though they have good batteries. Late last week my wife couldnt use the fob to get into the van, so she used the physical key inside the fob to open it up, but then the alarm went off for 5-10 mins in the store parking lot and somehow it finally recognized the fob and she got going. If this van was at least semi reliable, it'd be great. We absolutely love the damn thing when it works, and I think it's the best van on the market, except for god awful reliability. We just don't trust the thing at all.

Last night we went to Honda, Toyota, and Kia to check out their vans. Didn't like the Kia. Really liked the Toyota and Honda. Honda's are pretty readily available and they still wanted $1,500 adm...laughed and said no fucking way. The Toyota dealer we stopped at first will order us a Sienna for sticker with no mandatory dealer bullshit add ons, so I think that is what we're going to do. Hopefully our Pacifica can hold out another 6ish months till a Sienna comes in...lol

the siennas are super enticing.

really like the "outdoors" one they have

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
ADM on a minivan :bowrofl:
Come On Reaction GIF by GIPHY News
The minivan market is fricken HOT. The wait on the Toyota's and Kia's is minimum 6 months if you order. Honda's are pretty available but are selling quickly once on the lot.
the siennas are super enticing.

really like the "outdoors" one they have
Probably gonna order a fwd XSE. The dealer was saying the awd vans are closer to a year wait, and with the amount of snow we get around here, I think the fwd will be ok and it's what we have now.
Toyota is smart with the sienna vans, they are all hybrids, so when you are ready to get out of the van and into a suv, you have no issue getting into another hybrid that you are so use to driving.
The Hybrid thing is why we really are leaning to the Sienna. Our current van gets over 40mpgs when its warm out, so going back to a 20mpg Honda will be noticed at the pump.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
What didn't you like about the Kia? Just curious. We'll probably keep our Honda for awhile yet, but I'm still always keeping an eye open.
Honestly I just didn't like the way it looked and didn't love the interior, although the one they had was a base. But still, if I'm spending the same money, I'm going Toyota or Honda this time.

Reactions: GTPpower

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

Quick question, what batteries are you using in your key fobs? I bought a 10 pack of Amazon CR2032, and those MFers last a week at best in our key fobs. Went back to Energizer and no issues at all.

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
How’s the Sienna drive power and NVH wise with the four banger?

We went to look at one and didn’t even get out of the parking spot on the test drive, the wife tore it up so badly from just 2 minutes with it.

I was looking forward to the fuel economy and (amusingly barely capable) AWD.

We ended up in an Odyssey which kills my back after about 30 minutes for some reason. Same as our last Accord.

Reactions: Jeffs FRC

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Quick question, what batteries are you using in your key fobs? I bought a 10 pack of Amazon CR2032, and those MFers last a week at best in our key fobs. Went back to Energizer and no issues at all.
Pretty sure they are Energizer. Both fobs still had factory batteries that tested fine when I replaced them anyways a couple weeks ago when this first happened. Last week she actually had both fobs with her when it happened again and neither of them worked.
How’s the Sienna drive power and NVH wise with the four banger?

We went to look at one and didn’t even get out of the parking spot on the test drive, the wife tore it up so badly from just 2 minutes with it.

I was looking forward to the fuel economy and (amusingly barely capable) AWD.

We ended up in an Odyssey which kills my back after about 30 minutes for some reason. Same as our last Accord.
We didn’t drive the Toyota because they only had one that was sold already. They actually have a used ‘21 base LE with 50k miles that we’re going to drive on Saturday. If the wife approves we’ll place an order. I’ll report back with how we like how it drives. The Honda drives great so we know we like that.

Seriously though, the Pacifica is the nicest out of them all. FCA really made an awesome van If it wasn’t a complete pile! Lol

S8ER01Z

Addict
TCG Premium
Jun 2, 2013
We had a 2019 Odyssey Touring for 3 years and I would recommend everyone just look at something else. I have a special hate for that thing and will not consider Honda products again as long as I live. The van mechanically was perfect… the “safety” features made me irrationally angry every single day and by the end of it I just prayed a semi would slam into me and get it over with.

• Haha
Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
We had a 2019 Odyssey Touring for 3 years and I would recommend everyone just look at something else. I have a special hate for that thing and will not consider Honda products again as long as I live. The van mechanically was perfect… the “safety” features made me irrationally angry every single day and by the end of it I just prayed a semi would slam into me and get it over with.
Wow, what was so bad? Our Pacifica has all the safety BS and it’s great. Every van now comes with the full line of safety features as standard. Never once have I driven ours and been mad at the safety features. They actually put my mind at ease as the safety shit will save you from yourself in most situations.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info