Recommend me a new minivan!

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Not specifically, but you'll have to start and follow the process that Chrysler outlines. Like if they want you to exhaust all complaints and options through the dealer first, then go through an arbitration process with BBB Auto Line or similar dispute process. Note that BBB or similar groups are not consumer advocate groups and don't have your best interest in mind.
Thanks. I just got off the phone with Chrysler and the case worker said I have to follow procedure that's entailed on the back of the manual. I'll check it out when I get home.
Being beyond the first year of ownership, it might not qualify for lemon law claim.
I looked up IL lemon law and it is in fact only the first year of ownership. So looks like I'm screwed there, but this thing is obviously a pile of shite so need to do something. Luckily the dealer service department has been pretty awesome with having our back and giving us rentals.

Reactions: boostedguy05

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Thanks. I just got off the phone with Chrysler and the case worker said I have to follow procedure that's entailed on the back of the manual. I'll check it out when I get home.

I looked up IL lemon law and it is in fact only the first year of ownership. So looks like I'm screwed there, but this thing is obviously a pile of shite so need to do something. Luckily the dealer service department has been pretty awesome with having our back and giving us rentals.
You should still contact a lemon law lawyer. After that, if it goes nowhere, speak to Chrysler customer care, and really lean into them, they may offer you a replacement vehicle.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
You should still contact a lemon law lawyer. After that, if it goes nowhere, speak to Chrysler customer care, and really lean into them, they may offer you a replacement vehicle.
Chrysler care is who I just spoke to. I already mentioned that we would like to go through a buyback process and she seemed uninterested in even talking about it. She said I have to follow the steps in the back of the manual. I'm going to stop by the dealer later and see if they can assist with getting us out of this turd.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
And if not, just cut your losses and trade that fucker in.
If I could keep it out of the shop for more than a fucking day, I would. Problem these days is actually finding a replacement! Minivans seem to be sold out everywhere.
Having gone through my own low production hybrid model problems, get rid of it right now when it still has value. Cash in the extended warranty to cover negative equity, don’t look back.
No negative equity here. The last time I Vroom or Carvana'd it, the offer was over $40k and we owe MUCH less than that.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
If I could keep it out of the shop for more than a fucking day, I would. Problem these days is actually finding a replacement! Minivans seem to be sold out everywhere.

No negative equity here. The last time I Vroom or Carvana'd it, the offer was over $40k and we owe MUCH less than that.

giphy.gif

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)

So why isn’t it gone?

Reactions: Chet Donnelly

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
So model X soon??
I wish! I glanced at Tesla’s site to see what a base Model Y goes for. It’s over 60k and no tax rebate. Then I texted Gomer to see about a Mach E, no go there as well. I don’t think you can buy an EV suv right now…

Anyways, here’s a pic of a Chrysler in its natural habitat! Lol
B6C3BC37-5CE1-43F6-80D1-FCE1F2DD30E1.jpeg

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
So a little update...van is still at the dealer. Sounds like the dealer tech is going back and forth with Chryslers corporate technical team on what to do. I don't think they know what is actually wrong or how to fix it. I've already contacted a lemon lawyer and they started to get the ball rolling last Friday. We don't have a lemon law case because the vehicle was just older than a year at the time the issues started, but they said we definitely have a case to go after them for damages. They are saying cases similar are getting $4,500-10,000 and it is still possible that Chrysler offers to buy the vehicle back or even replace it. We'll see...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info