Recommend me a new minivan!

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Well, this thing just started acting up last week. One night the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and asked to service basically every function the van has. It would start and you could select a gear, but it wouldn’t move. We had it towed to the dealer and they gave us a loaner after a couple days, and eventually did a reflash.

Got the van back a couple days ago and was good until last night when we loaded the kids up to go see the Goeberts light show and it did the same shit. Had to unload the kids and cram them into myF150. Dealer says we can bring it in and they’ll give us a loaner again, but wife is pissed and already asking to trade it in because she doesn’t trust it now and is afraid she’ll get stranded one day with the kids.

Fucking Dodge! Lol
13B278E5-1B49-490C-A12E-DCE286B02CEA.jpeg

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
Yup, the main reason I will never buy a dodge Chrysler product no matter how good I think they look. I have heard of so many wire and little gremlin issues. Shit, didn’t Eagle have issues with his new big dog diesel from Dodge?
Hopefully it is something simple and they get you guys taken care of. Definitely not good if the wife and kids get in a bad situation because of it.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Do you have the hybrid? If not, try replacing the secondary battery. Overall our non-hybrid Pacifica has been ok, but for a few stupid Dodge problems. Random low speed harsh shifts, and bubbling paint on a few aluminum panels.

The headlights suck. PWM controlled to be dim. We couldn’t see shit in the rain. I converted over to 55w hid, and made a custom harness to bypass the factory garbage. Converted the driving lights to 35w HID. The factory halogen projectors work nice with HID

Reactions: SaturdaysGS

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Not trading in on a Honduh. Those things seem to have their share of quirks too. If we do trade this thing on another van it’ll be a Sienna.

This is a plug in hybrid limited with every option. Absolutely love the thing, but this is not giving us a good feeling. I installed LED’s and the lights are awesome.

Update we got the van started and it would drive, so we tried bringing it to the dealer while I followed my wife, but the brakes were acting very strange making noises and pulsating so we only made it down the block before we turned around and parked it on the drive. Currently waiting for roadside to tow it again…

• Sad
Reactions: SleeperLS

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
With my Toyota truck experience, I would push anyone into a Toyota. Out of 160k miles it has only needed one repair out of pocket.

As much as I hate dealerships, the Toyota one I found out here is the best dealership and service dept I have ever been to between Toyota, Chevy, Ford, and Subaru…actually nice and good people. I would say I just live in a good area but every service out here absolutely sucks so I would like to think it is just the Toyota culture of their dealers and service dept? A doc I used to work with said that out of the high end cars he has owned, his Lexus(RC F) dealership and service experience was the best.

Reactions: Jeffs FRC

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Sienna's have issues too. In-laws are on #2. #1 had a trans replaced, drivers seat frame replaced, rear door lift actuator replaced and a few other things. I know #2 has been back to the dealer for some warranty issues too.

Our Chrysler T&C's, #1 the neighbor now owns, just had to replace the starter. The van is somewhere north of 300k on the clock. The 2015, I think my wife has 160+k on it now. A few HO2S's, a broken finger on the rear lift gate (easy fix), and the Navi system shit the bed early on. Otherwise, they keep on keeping on.

And I was gonna say, sounds like a loose/shorted ground. Chrysler's electrical woes seem to always track back to these.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
With my Toyota truck experience, I would push anyone into a Toyota. Out of 160k miles it has only needed one repair out of pocket.

As much as I hate dealerships, the Toyota one I found out here is the best dealership and service dept I have ever been to between Toyota, Chevy, Ford, and Subaru…actually nice and good people. I would say I just live in a good area but every service out here absolutely sucks so I would like to think it is just the Toyota culture of their dealers and service dept? A doc I used to work with said that out of the high end cars he has owned, his Lexus(RC F) dealership and service experience was the best.
Lexus/Toyota have amazing service departments. Back in the day my buddy had an IS300 and I remember going with him to get it serviced and they treated you like a rockstar.

My F150 is at 94k miles and all its needed is oil changes and a left front wheel bearing. I beat the ever living shit out of this thing too. Drives like the day I drove it off the lot...
Sienna's have issues too. In-laws are on #2. #1 had a trans replaced, drivers seat frame replaced, rear door lift actuator replaced and a few other things. I know #2 has been back to the dealer for some warranty issues too.

Our Chrysler T&C's, #1 the neighbor now owns, just had to replace the starter. The van is somewhere north of 300k on the clock. The 2015, I think my wife has 160+k on it now. A few HO2S's, a broken finger on the rear lift gate (easy fix), and the Navi system shit the bed early on. Otherwise, they keep on keeping on.

And I was gonna say, sounds like a loose/shorted ground. Chrysler's electrical woes seem to always track back to these.
Don't sit there and try to tell me a Sienna is more problematic than a Chrysler, if that's what you're trying to hint at...lol. Toyota and Lexus are the most reliable vehicles on the planet. That's fact.

As far as the loose ground, this is a much more complicated vehicle than what you guys have. I'm not saying it's not that, but I'm going to guess probably not...

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Well, this thing just started acting up last week. One night the dash lit up like a Christmas tree and asked to service basically every function the van has. It would start and you could select a gear, but it wouldn’t move. We had it towed to the dealer and they gave us a loaner after a couple days, and eventually did a reflash.

Got the van back a couple days ago and was good until last night when we loaded the kids up to go see the Goeberts light show and it did the same shit. Had to unload the kids and cram them into myF150. Dealer says we can bring it in and they’ll give us a loaner again, but wife is pissed and already asking to trade it in because she doesn’t trust it now and is afraid she’ll get stranded one day with the kids.

Fucking Dodge! LolView attachment 107893

12v Battery is probably trash or the cables are corroded, my moms 200 gets wonky when the battery is about to take a dump. These cars or at least hers seems to eat batteries every 2-3years.

Reactions: Aircal
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info