• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Recommend me a modification

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
Dad just bought a 2013 Mustang GT 'vert. Since his birthday and father's day are so close, I usually just double up and get one big gift. Looking to get him something for the Mustang, intake, exhaust, etc. Not sure which is the preferred intake, or if they are even recommended? If it's an exhaust, nothing terribly loud as it's a DD and he's an old man. Any recommendations would be great, thanks!

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I definitely recommend the MGW shifter:)nutz: commence).

If you saw Eagle's thread(http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/2011-mustang-gt/121161-2011-gt-shifter-issues.html) about it you'll understand why. The throw may be shorter but the top plate and bushing that hold the stock shifter up are garbage. The MGW is a bit pricey at $384(that's shipped) but honestly if you look at bracket + top half shifter replacements, you may as well spend the $384 for an entire shifter replacement. All billet construction and polyurethane bushings.

MT-82 SHORT THROW SHIFTER

If you don't want to do that, look into a Steeda or Barton shifter bracket.

Steeda Mustang Shifter Base Bushing (11-13 GT;V6) 555-7090 - Free Shipping!
Barton Industries Shifter Bracket - MT-82 (11-13 GT, V6) 2011BM-4 - Free Shipping!

Here's the entire Barton top half + bracket:

Barton Industries Short Shifter and Bracket - MT-82 (11-13 GT, V6) 27300||2011BM-1||27301||2011BM-4 - Free Shipping!

Again, at $350 I would just get the MGW for a complete replacement.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info