Recommend me a modification

Primalzer

Reaction score
Dad just bought a 2013 Mustang GT 'vert. Since his birthday and father's day are so close, I usually just double up and get one big gift. Looking to get him something for the Mustang, intake, exhaust, etc. Not sure which is the preferred intake, or if they are even recommended? If it's an exhaust, nothing terribly loud as it's a DD and he's an old man. Any recommendations would be great, thanks!

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I bought mine off of ZXMustang and I should have just waited instead of buying that terrible Pypes system. The GT500 mufflers have no drone but they sound pretty mean outside of the car.

Primalzer

Reaction score
Done and Done, just ordered them, found them for $309.99 with free shipping :fy:

Primalzer

Reaction score
Thanks guys, the more research I did on these the nicer they looked and it seemed like the best solution.

C.Evans

Reaction score
Post up a sound video when installed for those who dont know what sexy sounds like! :bigthumb:

Outlaw

Reaction score
If its manual i'd say a short shifter. My "old man" still rocks the 4-speed lol.

Chester Copperpot

TCGs Far Right Leader
Donating Member
Reaction score
I definitely recommend the MGW shifter:)nutz: commence).

If you saw Eagle's thread(http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/2011-mustang-gt/121161-2011-gt-shifter-issues.html) about it you'll understand why. The throw may be shorter but the top plate and bushing that hold the stock shifter up are garbage. The MGW is a bit pricey at $384(that's shipped) but honestly if you look at bracket + top half shifter replacements, you may as well spend the $384 for an entire shifter replacement. All billet construction and polyurethane bushings.

MT-82 SHORT THROW SHIFTER

If you don't want to do that, look into a Steeda or Barton shifter bracket.

Steeda Mustang Shifter Base Bushing (11-13 GT;V6) 555-7090 - Free Shipping!
Barton Industries Shifter Bracket - MT-82 (11-13 GT, V6) 2011BM-4 - Free Shipping!

Here's the entire Barton top half + bracket:

Barton Industries Short Shifter and Bracket - MT-82 (11-13 GT, V6) 27300||2011BM-1||27301||2011BM-4 - Free Shipping!

Again, at $350 I would just get the MGW for a complete replacement.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom