652D20A4-B31D-486C-9118-DA811235FB69.png

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
I've always been a fan of HP laserjets. That one frank posted is a good unit for the price. If you need to print 11x17, it will be a challenge in that price range, you'd have to step into enterprise models which is $$$$, not worth it for 11x17 alone unless you have a heavy print volume of say 10k+/month. I have a customer with a dinosaur Laserjet 5000 used just for 11x17 prints. It's 20+ years old but they're bulletproof, parts readily available, and still fetch a few hundred used.

Reactions: Shawn1112 and frank

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
owning non laser printers over the years, I have had a canon and now a hp, my canon was great no issues besides a network loss for some reason and then right back doing its thing.

My HP printer I have had some issues with it staying online which is frustrating, been reading up on HP and software and seems like you can “ go around “ the auto install and do a self install which everyone online says is the way to go.

I’m use to using Lexmark’s when I was at dealerships, ink lasted a good amount but that was years ago compared to now.

for those that have a laser printers how is the price on ink and length of time between refills?

Reactions: BS ISF

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I've always been a fan of HP laserjets. That one frank posted is a good unit for the price. If you need to print 11x17, it will be a challenge in that price range, you'd have to step into enterprise models which is $$$$, not worth it for 11x17 alone unless you have a heavy print volume of say 10k+/month. I have a customer with a dinosaur Laserjet 5000 used just for 11x17 prints. It's 20+ years old but they're bulletproof, parts readily available, and still fetch a few hundred used.
Figured that might be an expensive option. I might print out a few 11x17 a month lol.
My toner catridges are around $20-25 for the knockoff brands, and they'll get me 2000ish pages. Official Brother cartridges are $50-$75
Been reading reviews and see shit that says something with the new software wont allow knockoff brands
Brother MFC-9340CDW
About 3 times over my budget lol

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium

GTvert90

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 10, 2016
Machesney Park
Real Name
Phil
Pads
Brother here. can't be happier overall. It was hella cheap to begin with and the toner carts aren't a bad price either. I'll never buy another inkjet again fuck that noise. The carts dry out before I even use em and there's like 70 bucks of ink carts there.
That's the worst. Ink is expensive and it's such a waste if you don't print often. I think I went a year without using my brother laser printer and it printed off 600 pages like it was nothing.

Reactions: b4black

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
I picked this up at staples recently,

prints in black / white, and color, able to print both sides.

Does not have a scan / copy option as I can take a picture of my document if needed with my phone and send it off to be printed.

Shawn1112 Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I picked this up at staples recently,

prints in black / white, and color, able to print both sides.

Does not have a scan / copy option as I can take a picture of my document if needed with my phone and send it off to be printed.

Shawn1112 Shawn1112
I actually picked one up from Staples a few weeks ago.

Reactions: frank
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info