Recommend me a laser jet printer

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Work printer taking a shit. Going to go to a laser jet this time.

Budget under $500
Needs to print color
Needs to scan
Wireless
Fax not needed
Document feeder not import
Print speed not important
11x17 capability would be awesome but not a deal breaker

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of HP laserjets. That one frank posted is a good unit for the price. If you need to print 11x17, it will be a challenge in that price range, you'd have to step into enterprise models which is $$$$, not worth it for 11x17 alone unless you have a heavy print volume of say 10k+/month. I have a customer with a dinosaur Laserjet 5000 used just for 11x17 prints. It's 20+ years old but they're bulletproof, parts readily available, and still fetch a few hundred used.

frank

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
owning non laser printers over the years, I have had a canon and now a hp, my canon was great no issues besides a network loss for some reason and then right back doing its thing.

My HP printer I have had some issues with it staying online which is frustrating, been reading up on HP and software and seems like you can “ go around “ the auto install and do a self install which everyone online says is the way to go.

I’m use to using Lexmark’s when I was at dealerships, ink lasted a good amount but that was years ago compared to now.

for those that have a laser printers how is the price on ink and length of time between refills?

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
My toner catridges are around $20-25 for the knockoff brands, and they'll get me 2000ish pages. Official Brother cartridges are $50-$75

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
HP laser jet here and been jamming for 6 years no issues. Had my IT guy "go around" auto install software zero problems.

OP
Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of HP laserjets. That one frank posted is a good unit for the price. If you need to print 11x17, it will be a challenge in that price range, you'd have to step into enterprise models which is $$$$, not worth it for 11x17 alone unless you have a heavy print volume of say 10k+/month. I have a customer with a dinosaur Laserjet 5000 used just for 11x17 prints. It's 20+ years old but they're bulletproof, parts readily available, and still fetch a few hundred used.
Figured that might be an expensive option. I might print out a few 11x17 a month lol.
My toner catridges are around $20-25 for the knockoff brands, and they'll get me 2000ish pages. Official Brother cartridges are $50-$75
Been reading reviews and see shit that says something with the new software wont allow knockoff brands
Brother MFC-9340CDW
About 3 times over my budget lol

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
Ah I'm not familiar with that since mine is older. Even with buying the name-brand toner, it should still cost you quite a bit less on a per-page basis.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Brother here. can't be happier overall. It was hella cheap to begin with and the toner carts aren't a bad price either. I'll never buy another inkjet again fuck that noise. The carts dry out before I even use em and there's like 70 bucks of ink carts there.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
I have an HL L2300D. It's a basic bitch printer (no wifi or any of that shit) so if you want a wifi printer look for a different model.

frank

TCG Elite Member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Seen this brother from another mother … prices are all over the place but good reviews. Thinking of getting one.

This one looks good also

GTvert90

Addict
Donating Member
Reaction score
Pads
Brother here. can't be happier overall. It was hella cheap to begin with and the toner carts aren't a bad price either. I'll never buy another inkjet again fuck that noise. The carts dry out before I even use em and there's like 70 bucks of ink carts there.
That's the worst. Ink is expensive and it's such a waste if you don't print often. I think I went a year without using my brother laser printer and it printed off 600 pages like it was nothing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom