• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Recommend a good torque converter for me?

MrFosta

Cali Imported
Jan 26, 2013
Chicago, IL
I run a neal Chance converter and couldn't be happier. Not sure what he has for lockups but his converters are extremely high quality and not crazy overpriced like some other more common brands. He will build the converter to your exact specs based on your car.

Also if you're only looking to use 150hp of nitrous I wouldn't worry about ballooning plates. Those are for bigger, hard hitting kits generally.

Wild White Pony

TCG Elite Member
Oct 13, 2012
I have a TCI doorstop too. Spent $450.00 on it, ran it for a couple months then put on the dyno for a few pulls, loosey slipping garbage converter. Quickly pulled and replaced with a Circle D, much happier now. I don't think you can get a good converter for less than a G note. And before you pickup a free one make sure it's a good triple disk and have it set to the stall you want otherwise you may have additional costs and grief if it's the low end single disk TCI.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info