Recommend a good torque converter for me?

DynaSlim

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a good converter for th700r4. 4.10 gears and choppy cam that likes to make power from 4-6500rpm. I'm also looking to spray about 150 shot so i would assume anti ballooning plate? Car will bree daily driven all summer.

Devildog1833

Reaction score
Yank ss 3600 or SS 4000 with spray. Without spray PT4000 works great and is what I am running now.

DynaSlim

Reaction score
Thanks, i just sent the tech a message at lentech, anyone ever use them? It only looks like they have ford stuff tho :/

Puddles

Reaction score
you can get a ptc for 400 buck and there just as good a yank or circle d

SMR#002

Reaction score
you would need a lock up if you daily it. If you get the non lockup it will heat up your trans expecially if you take it on the highway. :hsughno::hsughno:

MrFosta

Cali Imported
Reaction score
I run a neal Chance converter and couldn't be happier. Not sure what he has for lockups but his converters are extremely high quality and not crazy overpriced like some other more common brands. He will build the converter to your exact specs based on your car.

Also if you're only looking to use 150hp of nitrous I wouldn't worry about ballooning plates. Those are for bigger, hard hitting kits generally.

Pewter-Camaro

Reaction score
I running a PI Vigilante 4000. Had the converter since 2006 and had it cut, cleaned, and restalled once. I've got just over 110K Miles on it in total.

DynaSlim

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah I'm looking at 3600-4000 stall vert. Hope the inside shaft of the Trans holds

79vette

Wrenching
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
I got a tci super street fighter converter you can have for free, it was in a 700r4 I had years ago. just tripping over for awhile.

DynaSlim

Reaction score
For real? I'd have Time Monday afternoon or Tuesday anytime to pick up if that's ok?

N/A 3rd gen

One day it will be fast
Reaction score
Dude no disrespect but I wouldn't run a tci converter even if it was free! Slim save ur self some headache and get a ptc and unless your running a serious cam u don't need a 4000! Ps u still wanna talk about my motor for sale?

DynaSlim

Reaction score
Oh yeah i forgot to message you back. Well the cam i have is only 294/.510 depending on which heads fall into my lap i might go to like a .575 lift.

N/A 3rd gen

One day it will be fast
Reaction score
I am selling the cam with my motor now, if u are seriously interested pm me and we can talk.

Wild White Pony

Reaction score
I have a TCI doorstop too. Spent $450.00 on it, ran it for a couple months then put on the dyno for a few pulls, loosey slipping garbage converter. Quickly pulled and replaced with a Circle D, much happier now. I don't think you can get a good converter for less than a G note. And before you pickup a free one make sure it's a good triple disk and have it set to the stall you want otherwise you may have additional costs and grief if it's the low end single disk TCI.

N/A 3rd gen

One day it will be fast
Reaction score
In my opinion the best thing about PTC is their customer service, I have always talked with Lane, I run one in my car and my 03 cummins and love both of them!

DynaSlim

Reaction score
Ahh found ya. Bump. It's almost time but i did find a built th700r4 that can handle 1k HP with 38 stall

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom