• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Recomend me a Resonator

PANDA

Reaction score
I recommend you trade with HK

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
On the GTP I have whatever resonator came with the GMPP system, and drone/rasp is minimal from the inside. I'm guessing it's a Magnaflow resonator since the rest of the system is Magnaflow.

I'll be going with the Borla XR-1 on the T/A. Don't know if there's enough room under the GP for it, though.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
On the GTP I have whatever resonator came with the GMPP system, and drone/rasp is minimal from the inside. I'm guessing it's a Magnaflow resonator since the rest of the system is Magnaflow.

I'll be going with the Borla XR-1 on the T/A. Don't know if there's enough room under the GP for it, though.
the borla does sound e n t i c i n g

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
A lot of the F-body guys run it. Stkorn runs that on his SS.

PANDA

Reaction score
For the money and time you are going to put into this to make it quiet you should just trade for a quiet exhaust. :io:

Bru

Super Moderator
Donating Member
Reaction score
They don't call it a resonator. It's a bullet style muffler. I think they call it a multi-core racing muffler or something. There's a round and oval design.

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score
For the money and time you are going to put into this to make it quiet you should just trade for a quiet exhaust. :io:
you and dennis.... I don't need quiet, I just want to cut the drone, And HK has yet to say anything to me... I told him if it was too loud I would trade him, and so far, it isn't too loud

Theautoguy

Reaction score
I used a 24" "Cherry Bomb" as a resonator on the Regal's 3" system. It had a mad drone with just a Magnaflow muffler, the Cherry Bomb cleaered it up quit a bit.

TommyGloves

Reaction score
You want a round Magnaflow muffler/resonator (IIRC you could get a 5"/6" round, ~24" length tp fit in there) or Cherry Bomb resonator/glasspack like mentioned above.

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I had good luck with a cherry bomb as well, and as I recall they are cheap and easy to get.

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score
Cherry bomb.

I had a cheap summit glasspack in mine. Like 18" long....helped drone after I went catless.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
Reaction score
I have fucked around with resonators from ZZP, glasspacks, cherrybombs, yea all of them on GTPs and never cut out all the drone. Put a different muffler on the system and enjoy

TommyGloves

Reaction score
My "whisper" quiet resonator on my SSEi helped with drone and rasp...but the Magnaflow mufflers are still too loud for my tastes.

Yaj Yak

Harbor Master
Donating Member
Reaction score
i really like how ^^^ his car sounds

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Reaction score

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom