Food / Drink Recipes you have tried that are awesome

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I thought it would be fun to see what recipes you guys have tried and liked. Here's mine. Using this recipe as a base (depending on what I have on hand), I have won chili contests. It's good.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Peanut Butter Protein Balls

1664389542855.png

Ingredients
o 1 cup (256 grams) natural peanut butter (the kind with just peanuts and salt)
o 2 tbsp honey (brown rice syrup for a vegan version)
o 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
o 1 ½ cups (135 grams) rolled oats (use gluten-free oats, if needed)
o ½ cup (42 grams) unsweetened shredded coconut
o Pinch of salt
o 2-3 tbsp (57 grams) mini chocolate chips (use vegan chocolate chips, if needed)
o 2+ tbsp water

Directions
1. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter, brown rice syrup or honey and
vanilla extract.
2. Stir in the oats, coconut and salt until well combined and then add the chocolate chips. If the
mixture doesn’t hold together well when pinched together, add the additional water a teaspoon at a
time until the mixture holds together well when pinched.
3. Form 1” balls by pressing about 1 tablespoon of the mixture together.
4. Refrigerate for up to 1 week

I've made this a bunch of times and I recommend using at least 6+ tbsp of water instead of the recommended 2+.
Also, I leave out the honey. It really doesn't need any sweetener IMO.

I recommend this PB:

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Peanut Butter Protein Balls

View attachment 133684

Ingredients
o 1 cup (256 grams) natural peanut butter (the kind with just peanuts and salt)
o 2 tbsp honey (brown rice syrup for a vegan version)
o 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
o 1 ½ cups (135 grams) rolled oats (use gluten-free oats, if needed)
o ½ cup (42 grams) unsweetened shredded coconut
o Pinch of salt
o 2-3 tbsp (57 grams) mini chocolate chips (use vegan chocolate chips, if needed)
o 2+ tbsp water

Directions
1. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter, brown rice syrup or honey and
vanilla extract.
2. Stir in the oats, coconut and salt until well combined and then add the chocolate chips. If the
mixture doesn’t hold together well when pinched together, add the additional water a teaspoon at a
time until the mixture holds together well when pinched.
3. Form 1” balls by pressing about 1 tablespoon of the mixture together.
4. Refrigerate for up to 1 week

I've made this a bunch of times and I recommend using at least 6+ tbsp of water instead of the recommended 2+.
Also, I leave out the honey. It really doesn't need any sweetener IMO.
I can get on board with those

My wife has recently decided to become vegan (at least to try it). I'm personally not ready for it. But still, it is easier to cook something we both like. Fortunately, there is a great number of recipes on the Internet. The last one I found and liked was how to make vegan brownies. Here is the source https://betterme.world/articles/diets/vegan-diet/ By the way, there are also recipes for gluten-free and oil-free brownies there.

Reactions: oliverblack77

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Cooked this honey garlic shrimp with rice and broccoli a couple nights ago. It was a super easy, quick, and cheap meal to throw together (shrimp was on sale at Mariano's). It was pretty good and will definitely get added to my regular rotation of easy after work meals.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
PIG SHOTS:

Package of smoked sausage (or two if you want to make more)
Pack of thick cut bacon (two if you make more)
Block or cream cheese
Shredded cheddar cheese
Your favorite BBQ rub
4-5 fresh jalapenos
Your favorite BBQ sauce

- Cut the smoked sausage into 1/2" pieces
- Cut the bacon in half
- Mix the cream cheese, shredded cheese and a couple dice jalapenos and BBQ rub together. Add more rub to taste.
- Wrap the bacon around the smoked sausage to create a cup. Hold together with a tooth pick.
- Pipe in the cream cheese mixture almost to the top of the cup.
- Place a slice of jalapeno on top of each. (I like to place this inside the cup and pipe the cheese over it. As it cooks the cheese bubbles up and the jalapeno can fall off).
- Brush with BBQ sauce
- Smoke at 225F for about 45-60 min. Just get that bacon crispy.
- Remove and enjoy.

SMOKED DEVILED EGGS:

One dozen eggs
stone ground mustard
mayo
horseradish sauce
BBQ rub
Salt and Pepper
Bacon
Fresh jalapenos

- Boil the eggs like normal and remove the shell when done
- Smoke the unshelled eggs at 180F for 30 min. This is to get smoke into the egg, not continue to cook them. (use a fruit wood as the egg takes on that flavor well)
- Cut eggs in half and remove the yolk
- Mix egg yolk, stone ground mustard, mayo, harseradish sauce, S&P and BBQ run together until nice and creamy. Add ingredients to taste. I like a bit more BBQ rub and horseradish in mine.
- Cook the bacon until crisp and then cut into 4's.
- Place the mixture into a piping bag and pipe into each egg half.
- Garnish with a piece of bacon standing up and a slice of fresh jalapeno on top of the mixture.
- Sprinkle a bit more BBQ rub over all of it for color and an added hit of flavor.

Both of these never last more than 10 minutes when I make them. I could make 200 and they always all get eaten.

Reactions: Shawn1112
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info