RECALL: Accelator Pedal Shield

J

Jpatte

How many people have gone to get this recall done. The Cobra's gas pedal is sticking in the wide open position during hard accelerations. Its the carpet (I think) that getting in the way. I just got my second notice!

sfkarp

Reaction score
Just got my second notice also. Is it worth doing?

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
Reaction score
Yes, I would say it is worth doing.

Does not cost you anything, and could be a major safety issue for you and your passengers.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Reaction score
This happened to me in 2 of my GT's... wide open throttle stuck in 3rd gear. Luckily I'm a quick thinker and just turned the car off immediately and put it in neutral. It still scared the living shit outta me.

I just took a razor blade and cut the section out where the arm and pedal hit the floor. Problem solved.

Does the pedal shield cause any other issues? Like have you checked to see if your throttle body is wide open when you have the pedal to the floor? Just curious.

OP

02RedL

Mines been done also, no acceleration probs! :D

Mr. Unknown

Reaction score
I had it happen to me a few times. I took a razor blade to the carpet. I've gotten 2 notices also.

wizdawg

Reaction score
I got a couple notices already. And I'm not bringing it in. The carpet was already trimmed by the 1st owner. I know what would happen too if I brought it in. It would go in for the gas pedal recall and come back with a scratch or dent.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Reaction score
I had mine done when I took it in to get the window motor replaced.

96blkSVT

Reaction score
qwik01cobra said:
This happened to me in 2 of my GT's... wide open throttle stuck in 3rd gear. Luckily I'm a quick thinker and just turned the car off immediately and put it in neutral. It still scared the living shit outta me.

I just took a razor blade and cut the section out where the arm and pedal hit the floor. Problem solved.

Does the pedal shield cause any other issues? Like have you checked to see if your throttle body is wide open when you have the pedal to the floor? Just curious.

Happened in my 96 Cobra a few years ago. I did the same thing and turned the car off immediately!

noavgcobra

Reaction score
call ahead with the recall # so the dealer can order the part then it only takes a few minutes to get done...thats what i did

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Reaction score
I had the dealer do mine while the car was in for some "service." It's free, so what the hell?

-Mike

lbesaw03

Reaction score
Im lazy so i just cut the carpet with a razor blade! 2 notices also!

Sharkster

Reaction score
got mine done a month after the notice came. I started to have that problem. I could feel the carpet coming up and hitting the gas pedal. They fixed it before I could wreck my car, sue them and retire rich :eek:

Cobra Crazy

Reaction score
I got a notice, but I spaced my gas pedal higher off the floor anyways, so I won't even notice a difference.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Reaction score
I got my second notice too.

I didn't want to bring the car in just for that, so I've been waiting to bring it in for something else first.

I crawled under the dash and checked the carpet near the pedal. The carpet is secured down pretty good and nowhere near the pedal. My car obviously doesn't have the problem.

Emil

Reaction score
Make sure you take it in or do it yourself!
Way to dangerous to not do anything about.
(btw before mine stuck I thought there was no way for it to stick either. After shutting it down I had to pull over and actually reach down and unstick it and believe me it was really stuck on the carpet!)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom