Rec me a head unit

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
single din bluetooth(for android) thats under $200..... and GO!

Donnie

Ethanol Junkie.
Reaction score
Kenwood has a couple great options on the market currently. I'd link you, but my computer is currently going slower than a beaner-packed 3 cylinder Geo Metro...

Frank Dukes

Reaction score
HU's are so cheap now a days that it really doesnt matter.. go to crutchfield, pick one and then buy it on ebay for cheaper. in the motorcycle world the new Sony units are spoke very highly of as well as Kenwood.

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Reaction score
If you plan on using the bluetooth phone call feature get a model with an external, wired mic. The people on the other end of your call will thank you.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
DAT pioneer looks a bit dated.

I like Kenwood, it's my current one, but it's just iPhone ready and already has lost a channel

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
man im in your shoes too. i bought a new car just before xmas. still havent found something i like at a price i want to pay.

i used to go to the sony outlet store and get their factory refurb stuff for pretty much 50% of new, and it came with the same warranty. IN..

unfortunately they closed up. now i dont know where to go.

and even the little asian guys stereo shop by me wants fucking $50 for a harness and dash kit! like what the fuck, i used to buy the combo pack at bestbuy for $20

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Hardwire that shit Dude. No harness needed...

boostedguy05

not well known
Donating Member
Reaction score
harness is so much easier. wire it up while sitting on the couch, get it to the car and plug it in, done!

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
Donating Member
Reaction score

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00H1O5EM2

Amazon.com : Pioneer DEH-X6500BT Mobile Single Din In Dash CD/MP3 Receiver with Bluetooth, MIXTRAX and Pandora : Vehicle Receivers : Car Electronics

I have this one. so far I am very pleased with it. I hooked the mic to the front a pillar and people hear me just fine. it connects to my phone right away and starts playing my phone music.

Only complaint is that the Bluetooth "skips" sometimes. like it looses connection for a second or so. A little annoying when rocking out :rofl:
Pioneer DEH-X6500BT Single-DIN Bluetooth Car Stereo w/ Pandora

EmersonHart13

Member Selfie
Donating Member
Reaction score
I am looking too. Definitely want the external mic for the speaker phone and I can accept a double din. Want to spend as little as possible.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I just use walmart 80ish dollar head units pioneer, sony kenwood whatever with the usb plug make sure it has enough preamp out puts if your running amps and look at the voltage on the preamp outs thats all i care about

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom