Reason Number One Hundredy Billion the Dealership Model Sucks

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Can't return my fucking i3. Literally can not return it. With the Tesla I called them the day before it was due, set up an appointment the next day at my store of choice and that was it. I walked in with the car, dropped off the key and Uber'ed home.

With the i3 I have literally called all the dealers in the area and none of them will take it. I'm in Los Angeles. There is a BMW dealer on every corner but if I'm not leasing another car from them they won't touch my car. The only option is to take it back where I got it from which is two hours away on a moderate traffic day. I'd be able to take it Friday at which point it would be a 3 hour drive and a two hour Uber home. Meanwhile if the car is not returned Friday I need to extend the lease another month as well as pay another year of registration.

BMW US had to get involved and reach out to local dealers just to attempt to accomodate me. What kind of shit is this?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I dunno, last lease I had (and it was a number of years ago, so maybe things have changed), I basically dropped it off at the dealership (a lowly Chevy one), handed them the keys and walked away. They said "thanks and that if need be, the leasing company (whoever it was, I forget), would be in contact with me if there were any need to."

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Didn't know BMW had an i3. Had to look it up.

IMG_20170118_164227.jpg

Seriously, what the heck is that? I presume all electric.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info