• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Rear wheel hot after driving

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
What I'm saying is if it's a frozen slider pin or something like that you won't be able to freely spin the wheel when it's up in the air. It won't be stuck but when you spin it it will slow down pretty quickly.

Then again, I guess if you had it up in the air you could also really easily check to see if it's the bearing so why don't you just go ahead and disregard everything I said. :rofl:

GIMPY

TCG Elite Member
Feb 21, 2009
Elgin
I had same problem on a friends car. Who ever did the brake job on her car used after market parts. The drivers front pads got stuck. Who ever did it didn't clean the bracket use antiseize and make sure the ears on the pads slid in the bracket properly without binding up. I had to wait about an hour before i was some what able to tear it apart and figure out the problem

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
My Jeep Grand Cherokee had the caliper freeze on me and you could smell burning pad while driving, that rim got super hot too. Ended up ordering a new caliper and pads all around and swapping them out.

EXACTLY. My wife walked by it and felt it.

There's a joke there, but I'm gonna leave it alone.... lol

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
There is 104k miles and 13 years on this thing with original fluid. Trust me it has gunk and funk everywhere in the system. It needs a full flush.

Oh well. When I need a new master next week I'll remind myself that James told me bot to do that after I did that. All better?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info