Rear end noise

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
So after doing a lot of thinking, I'm sticking to this car. (For those of you that don't know I was going to sell it and buy a racecar :mamoru:) Anyway... I have a 1998 Firebird V6. The rear end makes noise whenever I hit any kind of bumps.. Yes, I know cars make noises when you hit bumps, but not this much noise. It's kind of like rattling.. It's not the hatch being open, I thought it was that at first..

Now the history of the car: Previous owner had it and didn't maintain it that well... but it wasn't driven that much. It was parked in his driveway for a year because he had a blow out (front driverside tire fell off of the car while he was driving). He never got it fixed. Nothing was wrong with the front end at all, I had it checked by my mechanic. I got new wheels and tires for the bad boy and she's been runing great since. Except the rear end making noise.. I was thinking of doing a rear suspension job on it, considering it needs brakes. So aside from replacing the brakes, what else do you think it could be? Shocks? springs?

Any input would be great, thanks :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info