Amazon Reacher

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Cruise was a disgrace to the book series. Nothing like the book character, and due to his own "beliefs" they heavily modified the scripts to fit what he thought was morally right.

I'm not hating on Tom Cruise, but he was not the right choice to fulfill that role.

This looks better, but they're trying to play it for laughs when there aren't supposed to be any. The character is supposed to be 6'5" 225-250lbs (depending on if he's digging pools by shovel in Key West), and not muscularly well-defined, just really bulky.

Reactions: Chris91LX

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Read the first few in the series, you'll quickly see how far departed the movies are.

Kind of like the Mitch Rapp movie they tried to use to get a series going based off of Vince Flynn's novels. They totally butchered the character and the story/back story. But Michael Keaton did a really good job of portraying one of the book characters (Stan).

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I never watched the Jack Ryan series. How did it compare to the novels? Better questions, was it based on any of the novels?

TGT is supposed to be in post for another special. They stated that they weren't going to do the weekly thing because of all their other commitments, and that they were getting a bit old, but that they would do the specials.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Read the first few in the series, you'll quickly see how far departed the movies are.

Kind of like the Mitch Rapp movie they tried to use to get a series going based off of Vince Flynn's novels. They totally butchered the character and the story/back story. But Michael Keaton did a really good job of portraying one of the book characters (Stan).
I mean, most book "movies" or shows barely stay true to the original writings.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Though Hap & Leonard from Joe R. Lansdale on IFC did keep somewhat close to the novels. Most of the characters were only adjusted slightly, the worst being the role of Leonard, portrayed by the late great Michael K. Williams. That characters was supposed to be a much larger person, like 6' and 200+ lbs, an intimidating figure.

They hashed around with the timelines too, compressing things that took months in the books down to days, or hours in the show. But it was close.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I have yet to watch it, but it is getting really good reviews. Also has been renewed for season 2.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Never read the books so I can't say.
In A Box Reaction GIF

Thread Info