• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Re built tranny or converter died

Burt Ragio

Apr 2, 2011
I just had my transmission 4R70W rebuilt by a transmission shop. Installed with a few goodies Alto HE clutches carbon OD band sonnax spiral ring new pin new foward or reverse hub ect. At the same time a custom TQ converter. I will not name the places of bussiness. I do want to know who screwed up. On the drive home apx 25 miles up shifts were firm. The down shifts were fine but more noticable. I stop at a four way intersection the car is not moving. I hear a charring grinding sound. I immediately shut it off & have the car towed back to the transmissin shop. They take it apart & say faiiure was the TQ converter & the filter was all plugged up as a result. They order a new tq converter from their supplier re assemble new fluid & filter & I am good to go. This is where things get interesting. I call the place of bussiness were I bought the converter. Explain what happened he tells me if it was the converter the symtoms would have been different. Sounds like the converter was not seated correctly or the pump went bad. Who screwed up ? What do I look for ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• B
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list