RdRnnR's adventures in dyno land

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
I
Those are those shity little fuses that the OE manufacturers have tsb to look out for (they fail to match rating. Replace it with a decent quality fuse from littlefuse or buss
Its been workin great ever since, through my phone laptop and all. 0 complaints about the dyne at all

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
I know this is another one of those little brain droppings the manufacturers know about those Harbor Freight fuses and tell technicians to start with those since apparently customers are really cheap and they don't they don't fail it there rated amperage so the manufacturers have released tsb's near as I can recall every manufacturer has it about those fuses being an issue

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
I know this is another one of those little brain droppings the manufacturers know about those Harbor Freight fuses and tell technicians to start with those since apparently customers are really cheap and they don't they don't fail it there rated amperage so the manufacturers have released tsb's near as I can recall every manufacturer has it about those fuses being an issue
Doesn't surprise me a bit. I guess better to blow easy than burn stuff up tho

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Lol well this happened since it didn't cost me nothin and I figure I got the good end of the stick on my scissor lift. She's a lil rough and needs some tlc but she's a fun little thing to drive. Haven't decided what to do with it yet but if somebody walks up with 2k it's theirs until I start fixin it :ROFLMAO: be a blast with an 3800 and an m90 tho

Snapchat-211584372.jpg

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
I'm kind of impressed I might have to end up keepin the thing 😂 gonna have to do a lil lookin at the suspension and see what im gettin into there tho

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Spose to be 150 but he's got it tuned way weird from anything I'm used to seein and I told him to check the jet cuz before he was only gettin a 75 hp gain at first and now were seein the 100 at the wheels. Plus the o2s are cooked lol. And I don't have much experience messin with giggle gas so I've learned alot from playin with it too.

Definitely had to bring in fuel faster and I think the timing sweet spot is way lower than where he wants it but hey it's his car and when I look at it I see it more like instant boost. I know exactly where I'd start with it tho and I'm seein new angles and gettin alot more confident doin this everyday.

Got a phone call from a white turbo camaro the other day you might know of and a couple good friends of mine work at blueprint and I may have somethin cookin there since I'm pretty much right in their backyard. This could get awesome real fast 🤞

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Big ol 6.2 8l90 on the rollers today. It was hottt and my inductive pickup finally died and these newer ones really fight reading through the obd2 port for some reason makin it way more complicated than it shoulda been.

Didn't really make much on the wheel horse side of things but pretty easy picked up 50 ft lbs on the bottom from what I could catch with everything jumpin on me. Gonna have to get it back in again on a lil cooler day and give her a respin but she felt real healthy last couple pulls I gave her. Snapchat-1355373120.jpg

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Friday night and I'm now pushin myself to put my camaro back together to make test n tune for rocky mountain race week. Need to solder injector connectors back on and hang and seal the exhaust with my cheap turbo and some other little things like headlight brackets and oil lines and hood latch, and see what I get done with the interior and tune it but thankfully when I went to the other car I refabricated alot of stuff and my intercooler brackets and stuff should be direct bolt on to move over now.

Super thankful havin good friends right now to get me out there tho, had some good conversations with some pretty awesome guys that build crazy stuff around here about workin together on things and I may have sparked some interest with the right people at a rather large and well known engine building company that's literally right around my corner on the same side of town. I don't wanna name it since I'm scared to jinx it but some of you guys might know which one I'm talking about. Keepin these fingers crossed and hopin this gets as wild as I think it could tho. I'm still definitely in a hard spot to grind this out and get the old debt handled but if this is life now, it's definitely what Im used to and I think I'm startin to finally get the swing of things. Even tho I've had more people than I care to count try and tell me what I should do with it.

If yall are up for a drive the funny cars are at the track here this weekend btw. This ones always a blast.

FB_IMG_1623345212851.jpg

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I think I know who you're talking about. I think my old boss in Kearney had them build a few engines for him.

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
I think they've got alot better name than they used to and seem to be growing like crazy gravitating people from already good jobs. Bunch of people I know out there that are real knowledgeable especially when it comes to the ls stuff. If your still comin down I'll have to give you the 411

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
So, not alot goin on the dyne since I've been buried in my camaro the last few days but I finally got her sorted so I can get some other stuff in here. For the heat and fuel I've got I'm pretty alright with where she sits right now

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom