RdRnnR's adventures in dyno land

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
I can't imagine that's too terrible to do away with but idk if gm go stingy with ecms on those like the ls in 19 when they started that nonsense or not. Just have to pull the file and see

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
I can't imagine that's too terrible to do away with but idk if gm go stingy with ecms on those like the ls in 19 when they started that nonsense or not. Just have to pull the file and see
I’ve already pulled it lol... HPtuners website only lists the 2.0 for some reason so I just left it alone...

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
FYI most auto stop/start stuff is disabled when the vehicle is in diagnostics mode. we disabled a new blazers start/stop by just plugging in a cheap actron scanner with it set to data collection.

she never even has to hit the disable switch.

also the hood switch works as well, though it disables the remote start feature as well.

there are less than 200$ obd2 "boxes" out there that simulate the scanner, dunno if they have an auto sleep feature...the actron is always active but it draws nearly no vurrent so unless its parked for over a week it'll be fine

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
FYI most auto stop/start stuff is disabled when the vehicle is in diagnostics mode. we disabled a new blazers start/stop by just plugging in a cheap actron scanner with it set to data collection.

she never even has to hit the disable switch.

also the hood switch works as well, though it disables the remote start feature as well.

there are less than 200$ obd2 "boxes" out there that simulate the scanner, dunno if they have an auto sleep feature...the actron is always active but it draws nearly no vurrent so unless its parked for over a week it'll be fine
Like the little plug in boxes that kill dod on the gen 4s basically

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Long night of tryin to get this thing goin leavin me wantin more again. Lots of wires to hook up and the Linux system and network is a pain in the ass but I think that's where my problem is now.

Snapchat-812834184.jpg Snapchat-491926167.jpg

This is the load cell which is apparently a very important thing according to the 400+page manual I've dug into and over about 50 times now. The reactor core here (they call it a Pau but that's not as much fun) sits on a pivot on one side and this on the other and they have a piece of metal in it for shipping purposes so you gotta take her all apart and put this baby in there for whatever important reason. I'm assuming it measures weight and or downforce of the rollers under load, still kinda cool one of the first things they do is tell you to pop the top off of it and get this thing in there.

Snapchat-1766321351.jpg

But for whatever reason I keep getting this startup fault no matter what I do. I'm wondering if it's because I have the router hooked into an extender to grab the wifi from the house but I could be absolutely wrong since I can connect to it and get net through the router and everything. But somethins still not right.

Screenshot_20210531-013801_Chrome.jpg

Think I might move my actual wifi out here and put the extender in the house and see if that helps. Or maybe it has conflicts with my shitty viasat internet I have to have out here (you straight up can't game on it because of the ping) or I may try hooking up a monitor and mouse direct and see if I can get it to update. Been through the extender and even screwed around enough to get past their router password and into theirs to make sure everything's configured right. I even set the bird on it to make sure it didn't just need loaded down. Lift goes up and down and everything it just won't let me into playin with it ugh.

Hopefully nothin broke while gettin it home it all seems perfectly intact and set up as it should be and I sent the tech dude an email but I can't expect a reply on memorial day. I spose i should run to town and grab a coax and start movin my router or get a TV drug out here and try it direct. Somethins gotta work.

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
And after runnin to town and goin through the fiasco of gettin into all three routers I finally have it ran directly to cabled internet from the satellite. And completely wasted my time. I borrowed my kids TV and a mouse from the house and hooked up directly went to the update page to see it's up to date and entered the address into the browser and bam, same damn thing. I guess im rollin the car back off and opening it and the book back up to see what I coulda screwed up Snapchat-354713248.jpg

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Was gonna say at some point call support. If you can get it to a Linux CLI I can help you troubleshoot the network.

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
It was mostly a hassle of jumpin through and renaming boxes thankfully. I'm workin on gettin through the software setup now hopefully have the bird on it soon

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Somethins still fightin keepin me out of the network but it works on the tower at least. Now if I can find a keyboard lol

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Uuuggghhh. Well now that I got the web side sorted out, any time I try and connect the dyno it goes into fault state. And now it won't even do that. I hope there's not somethin drastically wrong here I was hopin to be able to enjoy it and do some cool things soon

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Me too man. Hopin I can take full advantage of the drag Sim on it with a big ass TV and book spots just on that. Who wouldn't wanna schedule a spot to drag test their own car safely ya know? Plus for my own personal enjoyment which will probably be alot :ROFLMAO:

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Snapchat-1620125562.jpg

Think we finally found it after a long phone call and lettin em take over the tower for a while. No way I was cracking this thing open without permission tho. Everything was connected and locks and unlocks worked when I strapped the car down and left for swim team practice so hopefully I can test it out tonight! Wish me luck lol

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Ok it's awesome. Or ar least it would be if my car was runnin right. But I'm pretty sure I have that sorted out now without even runnin a scan, which I'm not too thrilled about still having to do but diggin into the modes this thing has it doesn't matter. Most likely end up controlling the dyne with my phone and just logging wideband through my prolink, so I'll probably be riggin my glowshit up to a cig lighter plug and runnin a splitter to the 12v power supply for the j box and cross referencing it against the aem sensors this thing has. Be neat if they synced up or you could like mesh the logs or somethin and I'm slightly disappointed at the lack of being able to tune through the dyno but bein able to set differing loads speeds and rpms and get around the car can really tell you what's goin on and now it makes a little bit more sense as to what im doin in life here.

It's still pretty awesome. I'll get a video up as soon as I find my obd2 splitter I'm gonna try and get this thing runnin right tonight unless I run out of fuel
Screenshot_20210601-212622_Gallery.jpg

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
Alright guys I'm opening it up tomorrow! Gotta get my shitbox off of it and we're ready to go!

m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=4646435138706071&id=875773415772281

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
So. Dyne works pretty nice but it doesn't like the coils on the 3800 at all. Cut me off early and cars still kind of a mess but damn is it fun when you get to make a pull. Startin to book up some spots but so far mostly people just wantin to see how much they're puttin down. I'll still take it tho lol

www.facebook.com/watch/?v=825447301721798

OP
RdRnnR

RdRnnR

wannabe racecar builder
Reaction score
So, hard hit this morning when I spun a main on my bird. Hit 252 whp and after watchin the scans and knowing how it felt I'm pretty sure the turbo melted me down. Spent hours last night dialing in the injectors and having it right where I wanted it for it to die an early death is pretty disheartening and probably a terrible look when I'm tryin to get things rollin but you learn alot watchin a motor die on a scan. And dammit my fuel and spark woulda gone so much more 🙄

But live and learn I knew I'd melt one of these down and better the high mileage one. And I'm trading my scissor lift for a clk320 with an sos light on. From the little I've looked into it it's a chip kinda thing but it might be a good flip car or swap candidate too. Well see what I think of it I've never had a Mercedes before lol, at least the car one.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
Those are those shity little fuses that the OE manufacturers have tsb to look out for (they fail to match rating. Replace it with a decent quality fuse from littlefuse or buss

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom