Raptor 4x4...?

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I’ve encountered many a Scramblers on my sport quads. The ONLY things they are superior at: Mud bogs, plowing/towing. For those situations, I’d just grab a utility. Sport utilities are for people who want to hop on and press the go button. Someone who truly rides a sport quad to its ability would never even consider a sport utility.
I kind of agree and kind of disagree.

I had sport quads in my 20's (I had a couple 400ex's and a DS450x). I road the shit out of them. They were a blast on fire roads, MX tracks and the badlands. I have since switched to utility quads. I prefer to shift and not have quads in the shop so I own Honda's. I have never looked back after the switch. That being said I do miss lifting the front tires, blasting fire roads and sliding corners. If Honda made a 700cc+ 4x4 sport utility with a DCT or 5 speed manual that went 65+ I would never miss my sport quads.

At this point my next toy will be a sport SxS.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
FB_IMG_1574334399832.jpeg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
As long as it's fast I'm good, two, three, 4x4

I miss one of the sickest dirt Braaaaaps I've ever owned, all hail to the King....

I smoked a dude on Suzuki's 500cc two smoke quad on my 250R(bored over)
Clocked it at 98mph....a true death machine.... Hahaha

View attachment 45576

Fuck all that noise! lmao!

Although my 89 Honda 250R with withe LRD (Now LED Performance) 330cc power valve kit was my favorite all-around quad. Honda knew what they were doing back then.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Fuck all that noise! lmao!

Although my 89 Honda 250R with withe LRD (Now LED Performance) 330cc power valve kit was my favorite all-around quad. Honda knew what they were doing back then.

OMG man, am sure you know, those three wheelers were just plain nuts.... I do support their decision to quit producing.... Hahaha

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
As long as it's fast I'm good, two, three, 4x4

I miss one of the sickest dirt Braaaaaps I've ever owned, all hail to the King....

I smoked a dude on Suzuki's 500cc two smoke quad on my 250R(bored over)
Clocked it at 98mph....a true death machine.... Hahaha

View attachment 45576
HUH.....98mph on that thing? Thats fucking crazy

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
OMG man, am sure you know, those three wheelers were just plain nuts.... I do support their decision to quit producing.... Hahaha

They were so sketchy. haha I only rode on a couple of times. In dirt it wasn't horrible when going straight or slower turns. Hanging off the side of it as a counter weight lmao. On sand it was a nightmare. Front wheel bouncing all over and constantly washing out one way or another unexoectidly. haha

My uncle had an older one where the tires were huge. He would drive it out onto the Rock River and tool around. But yes, halting production was the best idea they had. :LOL:

Reactions: Spivitz

Broke EF

TCG Elite Member
Dec 8, 2017
The sticks
I rode a 3 wheel Honda once when I was like 12ish. I was going down a path between fields when I hit a rock that was buried and it turned me right into the field instantly. I ran over like 20' of soy before I got back onto the path. I felt terrible for running over some of the plants. That was until I woke up the next morning to find out that one of the adults got wasted and took it out and literally mowed down an entire field!! I guess he was having fun running over the plants so he just kept going till he ran em all over.

Besides that, they are fun and definitely less stable than a quad. I can see how you could get hurt on them really easy. It goes wrong quick and without warning, but that is what makes it fun :D

Sean

Reactions: Spivitz

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
1989, my pal was selling his 1985 Four stroke three wheelers, I think it was a ATC 350

In any event, a thirty something year old dude came out, did not speak English, had his pal to translate. He wanted a test run, we asked him if he knew how to ride, think he said

Oh Yes Amigo.....

He ripped down the street, no helmet, turned hard and rolled it at like 45mph

Ambulance came, he never regained consciousness and RIP

quad was pretty much ok after we bent the handle bars back... That thing was quick....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info