Nov 20, 2008
NWI
giphy.gif

Reactions: SirMarco and 1quick

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
A 4x4 sport quad is something nobody is asking for. The few that have been in the market for years don't do well because they don't "sport" well. I remember riding my buddies Scrambler and it was pretty horrible. It was heavy, had a super high seating position, it was really wide, it didn't turn well, it was slow, and it was scary to jump due to the weight. The thing that was worse than anything was it wasn't predictable to turn or slide around.

Get a grizzly if you need a 4x4. They are more capable and useful. If you want a sport quad get a proper sport quad. One that handles well, is lightweight, and is predictable.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
A 4x4 sport quad is something nobody is asking for. The few that have been in the market for years don't do well because they don't "sport" well. I remember riding my buddies Scrambler and it was pretty horrible. It was heavy, had a super high seating position, it didn't turn well, it was slow, and it was scary to jump due to the weight. The thing that was worse than anything was it wasn't predictable to turn or slide around.

Yeah you're fucking wrong.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
So you are saying you are going mudding, not sport riding. Make up your mind on what you want to do and bring your appropriate machine. lol

I get the draw to that segment. But it isn't going to sport well. The weight will just kill that aspect of the machine. Sad but true. Will it be more fun than a Grizzly? I am sure it will be a lot more fun. Utility quads aren't overly fun unless you are mudding.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I am aware the old scramblers are not like the new ones. They are closer to sport ATV than utility atv. But they still suffer from the issues I posted. I have ridden them. They have a higher seating position, are about 20% heavier, and aren't as nimble as a 700R. You can't factor out the weight of the equation as much as you would like it to.

I have a suspicion you guys have not ridden most of the current offerings and know how good they are or aren't either.

I also love 2 strokes, so what do I know? Right. haha

Reactions: 10thSVT_03

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Nice try, but i'm not a boomer. lol

I raced some amateur MX, amateur ATV MX, ATV XC, Hare scrambles, Moose Race, and so on. But ya, I have no idea. :rofl:

Yes, my experience might not be in 2017+ offerings. But you can't deny the physics.

We, Generation X..... and we know our quads...... Well, at least I need an ass kicking
4x4
700cc fuel injected Ripping Raptor

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info