• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Rant

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Had to destroy the lower pulley to get it off. :mad:
I did everything by the book but had to use the air hammer up until the very last thread. When I looked at the threads I found they were goobered up. I dont know if it was off at one time and re-installed cross threaded or what, but that mother f.... pissed me off.

And the 4 bolts that hold the mid pipes to the headers! :mad:

I want to shoot whoever installed those. Im pretty sure someone just impacted them on and said done! You have to put a bolt in from the top and then a nut on the bottom. There is no room to get a wrench up there!
How flippin hard is it to tack the bolts onto the header and do it right the first time.

Rant over.. :burnout:

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
oh ya... I spent HOURS on mine and nothing tried EVERYTHING... then 01Sleeper came over (he's a monster) with a little breaker bar and was like mover over, I lol'd let him have at it and nothing. I told him use my breaker bar... it was longer and more heavy duty :lmao: he's like why didn't you give me that in the first place and I was like you were so proud of your lil one lol...

Anyway, between the both of us it was like OMG... we ended up jacking the car to put pressure on the breaker bar until we couldn't jack no more... Todd ended up designing this crane like system with extra 2x4s I had to lift the jack up in the air...

Then we took this heavy ass steel wedge and had to put it on the spokes of the cage, another breaker bar, AND a 5# sledge hammer full force, we destroyed my one breaker bar, cage on the stock pulley, and it took FOREVER!!

I'm convinced it's the added boost that cause this. I think the KB 2.8 on the stock pulley just tightened the crap out of it even more.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
WOW, its pretty pathetic when your parts come back from the powdercoater before you get the engine out.
Seriously, this has been the most difficult car to work on in my entire life. I dont know if its cause Im going slow because I absolutely love this thing! .....or the stars are not aligned.

I went to remove the last bolt on the bell to gearbox, and Im gonna shoot the last person who worked on this trans. There is a clamp that holds the trans vent in place (which is held in place by the bolt im talking about) Whomever tightened that bolt let the clamp bend around, completely blocking my path with an extension and socket.

Now I have to remove the trans mount, slide the trans over and HOPE I can reach the bolt.

Wait til you guys see the powdercoating :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info