Ranges that allow rifles

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what ranges indoor or outdoor that allow rifles. I have a bolt action Ruger American 30-06. I've not shot a rifle so I am not familiar at all on where to go for rifle fun.

Thanks fellas.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
RKA in Plano does, only place i shoot other than Buffalo Range, which allows everything.

blck10th

Reaction score
Depends on the range. Most do but most have a caliber or fps limit their websites usually say what the max is.

LikeABauce302

5.0 ftw
Reaction score
Article 2 allows rifles on their indoor range. It's been awhile since I've been there though. I'm not sure if they have any caliber or FPS limits for rifles.

1quick

Donating Member
Reaction score
I only really go to rka and they allow anything as long as the projectile doesn't have steel in it, i don't think they have steel rounds for 30-06 anyway

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
Donating Member
Reaction score
Some great info fellas. I really appreciate your time. Thank you.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Donating Member
Reaction score
I still need to go back to Article 2. I havent been since that one time a bunch of us met up there, and now I live down the street from that place. :rofl:

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
I recently went to Maxon shooters in Des Plaines. The range is nice, but, it does get expensive very fast.

Between two gun rentals, <1HR for rental for my wife and I and buying their ammo, we spent +-$130.

Does article 2 allow you to use your own ammo or do they require you to buy their ammo?

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
Donating Member
Reaction score
Article II will let you bring your ammo they will check for steel jackets though. I like Buffalo if I'm going expensive, I usually got to Rinks which doesn't allow rifle calibers.

muskie

Reaction score
I recently went to Maxon shooters in Des Plaines. The range is nice, but, it does get expensive very fast.

Between two gun rentals, <1HR for rental for my wife and I and buying their ammo, we spent +-$130.

Does article 2 allow you to use your own ammo or do they require you to buy their ammo?
Article 2 makes you buy their ammo for rentals. Most places do.

wombat

Donating Member
Reaction score

I don't know of a range that doesn't make you use their ammo for rentals.

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
Whoops I thought you were shooting your own guns not rentals. Virtually anywhere will make you shoot their ammo for rentals. That's likely so you don't get some idiot with hot reloads blowing their shit up.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
Fair point.

I hope when we bring our own guns, we can use our own rounds. All of my shotgun and now newly bought .45 ACP rounds are brass, so, shouldn't be an issue.

Mr_Roboto

Donating Member
Reaction score
Fair point.

I hope when we bring our own guns, we can use our own rounds. All of my shotgun and now newly bought .45 ACP rounds are brass, so, shouldn't be an issue.
Yeah that shouldn't be a problem. Some ranges have "no reloads" policies but it seems very don't ask don't tell.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Reaction score
That can be good too, but, I understand about using shitty ammo.

Pretty much all I buy is Federal, Hornady and a new brand I'm trying is Blazer. I can get .45 ACP in boxes of 50 for $19.xx or $13.xx with shipping online, so, it's not bad.

ChiLAX

Reaction score
I still need to go back to Article 2. I havent been since that one time a bunch of us met up there, and now I live down the street from that place. :rofl:
Ever since I moved to the city, I haven't shot any of my guns. I'd be in for a TCG pew pew outing if I'm not on shift.

lefty

Reaction score
GAT redid their place, they got rid of the archery and fishing and built 50 and 75yrd ranges. your limited to a 300 WinMag.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom