Ranger overheated this morrning

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Mar 30, 2007
Shocking as it is in this weather the ranger overheated, about 4-5 miles from work the heater stoped blowing hot and the temp gauge went to 3/4 (normally at half) then I tried to get it the rest of the way to work and it spiked the gauge so I turned it off and had a buddy at work help push it to the parking lot. I am hoping it is just be the theromstat but it also made funny gurgaling noises in the heater core (no coolant inside?) and a ratchedy noise from the engine bay. I am hoping it is just the thermostat but I might/will be getting a waterpump as well? I have never had at thermostat fail on me any so another new one for my belt notch.

jaykruger

Juiced, ported and blown
Mar 30, 2007
I will do that, tons leaked out though (resivor is empy at this point) so it is bassically going to be what I put in it. It sure acts like the thermostat is stuck shut, I will be looking at it at lunch, fill it up and look down in the radiator and check the hoses and make sure the pump is working, then do the thermostat after work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• jaykruger
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list