Random Russia

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Food is fine but I cook a lot. They have most of what we are used to here but some gaps. Due to trade restrictions it’s difficult to get good cheese with the exception of Italian soft cheeses like mozzarella or mascarpone. Also there is no box or canned broth, need to make your own or use chemical bullion cubes. There is a pretty big difference in the ingredients and spices - some things are difficult to get (possibly can be ordered) but not used often; celery seed, smoked peppers like chipotles or even jalapeños or habaneros, tapioca, brown sugar, molasses or corn syrup, and many many other things I am forgetting because I gave up on finding them.
On the other hand, they have some interesting things here but it’s ethnic cuisine related that I didn’t have much exposure to in the past. Consider the land mass of Russia and the countries even beyond the former Soviet Union they have borders with or are close to and you’ll get the idea.

The good news is that Western Europe foods are pretty popular here so it’s not too hard to get things if you want to cook them yourself. Taco Bell, Wendy’s, CFA, Popeye’s, Little Caesars and many others do not exist here

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
I took a road trip and drove 1800km out east. Will post more photos later but quite the drive. Took 20 hours including the fuel stops and
drove straight through. Did most of it in the dark.

760ED60C-22C6-40AE-808D-4C9110ADDEC6.png

59B4B7C0-C470-4CB4-A8C7-A208013B1BD7.jpeg

CA2D1D88-1597-4CE7-8A09-A13FEC5C3E69.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info