Random BMW craigslist & ebay finds

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I worked on my coworkers father’s x5m (2011) the other day. Really badass ride. I may start looking for one.
You guys making me miss mine. Although I would probably stay away from an E70 and go with F15. Do you research which I know you always do. But that generation has many issues and recalls (injectors shitting often/fuel pumps/PVC components (due to heat)/FRM3 issues/stretched chains(on tuned and some not). I could go on. LOL. Still one sexy SUV

IMG_6711.jpg

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The AWD versions, are parts hard to source, likely suspension parts?

I find some cars that have special one off bushings or different designs to account for front drive axles. This making parts more expensive. And no aftermarket company cares to make the part.

I rebuilt the front suspension of my 2009 E90 335i Xdrive. I had no issues getting anything. One axle nut & end was corroded badly. New axles were available. But I bought a used one and put new boots and grease in them. I also replaced a hub on the other side as that, and lowering springs, was my initial issue to tear the front apart. I think the front is the expensive part to replace, even used. I think between OE, Furro, Lemforder, Rein, and others you should be ok. You can always check out ECS Tuning for parts before you buy something. You can search by year, make, model, and options. They offer OE and many aftermarket options. Including original suppliers to BMW.

You guys making me miss mine. Although I would probably stay away from an E70 and go with F15. Do you research which I know you always do. But that generation has many issues and recalls (injectors shitting often/fuel pumps/PVC components (due to heat)/FRM3 issues/stretched chains(on tuned and some not).

My buddy that does a lot of BMW repair said the same thing. Stay away from the E70 due to those issues and the M motor issues as well. and go with the F15. Plus who doesn't want a TT v8?

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011
I rebuilt the front suspension of my 2009 E90 335i Xdrive. I had no issues getting anything. One axle nut & end was corroded badly. New axles were available. But I bought a used one and put new boots and grease in them. I also replaced a hub on the other side as that, and lowering springs, was my initial issue to tear the front apart. I think the front is the expensive part to replace, even used. I think between OE, Furro, Lemforder, Rein, and others you should be ok. You can always check out ECS Tuning for parts before you buy something. You can search by year, make, model, and options. They offer OE and many aftermarket options. Including original suppliers to BMW.

My buddy that does a lot of BMW repair said the same thing. Stay away from the E70 due to those issues and the M motor issues as well. and go with the F15. Plus who doesn't want a TT v8?

Got it. I'll use my Infiniti for an example. It was designed to be a RWD car but they made an AWD version. While design is similar, I can use rear shocks but not front struts (axles are in the way). Rear control arm was a one off in parts. Front ball joints are slightly different diameter. Control arms are slightly different. Sway bar end links are whole new design. While the parts store either says it fits all and we find slightly different items or they say RWD only and go to dealer for AWD. My front axle boots were not in stock. Had to order. Little things get annoying.

Bmw parts. Seems to have better database and more people floating around with knowledge. But parts are not really on the shelf so to say. I only done baisc maintenance on them so not really hard to get those parts wrong. Good to hear no issues on a e90. As slowly looking for one.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
3rd row, six cylinder, m-sport X5

fucking cool.

i wish they had a pic of the third row.

View attachment 60220

View attachment 60221

Imagine two lawn chair cushions bolted to the floor.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Um, what am I missing here. A 2013 Alpina with 57k miles and a clean title for 29k?

01111_aGJr8kRbb5R_0jm0ew_1200x900.jpg

2013 BMW Alpina B7 (750i) Short Wheel Base (SWB) Premium 4 Door Sedan, Ultimate Driving Machine!
VIN: WBAYA8C58DDS15353, Private, Second Owner, Clean Free and Clear Title
4.4L 540 HP V8 Engine with 8 Speed Automatic Transmission W/OD and Auto Manual Mode and Rear Wheel Drive (RWD), Stability and Traction Control, Anti Lock Brakes (ABS), Adaptive Drive w/ ARS
Black Sapphire Metallic Exterior with Black Nappa Leather Interior, Anthracite Alcantara Headliner and Shadowline Exterior Trim
57,547 Low Original miles, Still Drives Like New!
Recent Service, Well Maintained, Records Available
Completely Loaded with the Following Equipment:
Alpina Package, Driving Assistance Package, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, Comfort Access Keyless Entry, Park Distance Control, Head-up Display, Smartphone Integration (Bluetooth), Power Tailgate, Soft-close Automatic Doors, Active Heated Front Seats with Ventilation, Heated Rear Seats, Instrument Panel with Leather, Heated Steering Wheel, Rear View Camera, Ceramic Controls, Adaptive Full LED Lights and LED Fog Lights, Satellite Radio, Rear Side and Rear Window Power Sunshades, Ambient Lighting, Active Driving Assistant, 6 Disc DVD Changer, 21" Alpina Classic Wheels, Alpina Piano Black Trim, More!
Garaged, Non Smoker, Private Party Sale, No Arizona Sales Tax or Dealer Fees, Save $$$!
Not interested in Trades, Cannot accept installments (No Payment Plans)
Thanks for Looking.
Serious Inquiries Only Please

Thread Info