Random BMW craigslist & ebay finds

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
They make something like this in a manual trans version? That’s what IceCreamAssassin IceCreamAssassin needs for daily use

Hi,
As many of you would know, finding a manual E61 in North America is a challenging task, since these are quite rare.

I was in the same category as I was searching for a Canadian manual LCI E61 and it took me 3 years to finally find the one I was looking for, and there's a reason why.

In total, there were 9,885 E61's brought to North America ('06-'10).
If you think this number is huge, there were 9,429 E60 M5 sold in North America, so your chances of finding a E61 wagon are almost equal to those of a E60 M5.

However, if you are interested in a manual E61, your chances of finding one decrease dramatically as there were only 663 manual E61s brought to NA.
As per our comparison, there were twice as many manual E60 M5's (1,364)

If you're really picky and want a manual LCI E61, there are only 328.

Manual LCI E61 M-sport = 45 cars
Titanium Silver Manual LCI E61 M-sport = 3

So yes, this is what unobtanium looks like!

shit

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I love my 335xi sedan auto. It has cost me some money over ownership. But I knew that going in. But the car was priced right so I could justify spending money on the few upgrades I wanted and maintenance it needed. The car is a blast to drive, comfortable, and is a quality vehicle for sure.

As much as I love it, I need a SUV or truck. So it's going up for sale soon/eventually. It is a VERY well-sorted car but isn't low mileage. It has like 124K miles now. But is clean and a solid car. Here is the thread from when willizm was thinking of selling it. Now it has tints, rebuilt front suspension, intercooler upgrade, turbo inlets, discharge pipe upgrade, Tial BOV, cat deletes, MHD tune, xHP trans tune, tune-up was just done, and some other odds and ends. If you are ok with a sedan, all-wheel drive, and higher mileage, it is a lot of car for the money. I have no issue selling the car to someone on here as I know it is a great car. Let me know if you would be interested.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I love my 335xi sedan auto. It has cost me some money over ownership. But I knew that going in. But the car was priced right so I could justify spending money on the few upgrades I wanted and maintenance it needed. The car is a blast to drive, comfortable, and is a quality vehicle for sure.

As much as I love it, I need a SUV or truck. So it's going up for sale soon/eventually. It is a VERY well-sorted car but isn't low mileage. It has like 124K miles now. But is clean and a solid car. Here is the thread from when willizm was thinking of selling it. Now it has tints, rebuilt front suspension, intercooler upgrade, turbo inlets, discharge pipe upgrade, Tial BOV, cat deletes, MHD tune, xHP trans tune, tune-up was just done, and some other odds and ends. If you are ok with a sedan, all-wheel drive, and higher mileage, it is a lot of car for the money. I have no issue selling the car to someone on here as I know it is a great car. Let me know if you would be interested.
I must resist the urge to buy this . :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

1578060150902.png

1578060173023.png

Turtle

Addict
Mar 21, 2011

If the price is right. I might have interest.

This is probably better then me grabbing a 328i

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
A bit pricey for 102k miles. I’m only at 75k on mine. I’d break even by selling it on BaT!

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
They make something like this in a manual trans version? That’s what IceCreamAssassin IceCreamAssassin needs for daily use
Yes, but they are unicorns. Very rare. Like maybe 1000 total for all of North America. Easier to convert it over. All 535xit are all wheel drive. There’s a site with actual numbers, but total production was roughly 750 per year for 3 years for all of North America. In my color there was like 11 made.

I jumped on it the day it listed and bought it. Mismatched tires, ran so poorly it barely made it home!

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I thought heated steering wheels were a gimic until I had it on my car. For someone who hates to wear gloves, I love that feature. haha Way better than heated seats. Which are money as well.
Yeah, heated wheel is awesome sauce. My car parked outside at work for 10 hours in the winter. Can jump in, turn on the heat for the seat and steering wheel and cozy in subzero temps in a minute or two.

what’s nice is that the LCI cars like mine let you control if you want more heat on your ass or back. If my back is sore it’s really nice to run it without getting too hot

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I had a 530 and a 525. Both felt like they needed and extra 75-100hp to feel right. Still fun, but turbo is funner

True. And a tuned 335i makes great power. So much torque everywhere. It makes it a blast to drive. Even stock tune they are fun due to the nature of the N54 or N55.

Yeah, heated wheel is awesome sauce. My car parked outside at work for 10 hours in the winter. Can jump in, turn on the heat for the seat and steering wheel and cozy in subzero temps in a minute or two.

what’s nice is that the LCI cars like mine let you control if you want more heat on your ass or back. If my back is sore it’s really nice to run it without getting too hot

I agree, the cold weather package is great for our area. Especially for me who hates wearing gloves and jackets when driving. My LCI E90 doesn't have separate seat bottom and back heater controls. That would be nice. I just wish a remote start was easier to install and not so expensive. At least on my e90. I can't believe it took them so long to consider the remote start as an option in their new cars.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thread Info