Ran a new PB at Byron on Saturday

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
But I'm still not happy with the results.
All of my runs were consistent 12.9's @ 111-112 with 2.0-2.1 60's. I was learning how to launch with the new tire setup, either bogging or spinning off the line.

But the i got one semi-good launch where the tires hooked and I didn't bog it too badly... 12.452 @113.14 with a 1.85 60'

Some pics of my filthy car with the new tires:
2010-10-16112154.jpg

2010-10-16112127-1.jpg

Bad thing was that on my last run, when I shut down, it felt like the car is missing. Shakes at idle, acceleration is jerkey - basically it feels like a misfire but there's no SES codes popping up... I was a tough day on the car, hitting red line a couple times during the burnouts and some other stuff...

But the engine still runs - it drove me home. And there's no clanks/ticks noises from the engine. The mustang guys are saying I popped my FRPS and/or fouled my plugs... common thing I guess...

Still no 11's but I need to see if this problem I'm having now has been hurting my times... :dunno:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Congrats on the new best time. Don't feel too bad about not getting your 11 second pass, you're way ahead of where I was after less than a year of being blown. It took *my car* four years of being blown and various set-ups before I hit mine. I was also plagued with intermittent misfiring like your car is starting to display.

The first time it ended up being a combination of an exhaust leak before the front o2's that caused a rich condition and was fouling plugs. The second time (we never narrowed it down to which of the three remedies), we cleaned the air filter, MAF, and put in all new coils. It sucked to replace all the coils if only a handful were bad, but testing the coils individually would have been a nightmare. So I sucked it up and ate $350 for 8 new coils. My car dropped a half a second once we did all that stuff. That was the only change too. My 60's were the same, but a bad misfire was really slowing the car down. I would highly recommend at least cleaning your air filter and MAF. I would also double check to make sure you don't have any leaks between your air filter and throttle-body. I also had a misfire when my JLT cold-air kit cracked on the underside.

Jean Ralphio

beautiful, clean coal
May 28, 2008
yeah your car definitely pulls harder than the 113 trap would lead to believe.
Not sure how bad the turbo is off the line with your car...but I'm thinkin you should be able to pull a better 60' , at least with those new wheels/tires.
But yeah, like you said-- sounds like a FRPS problem. Get that worked out and try again, that may very well have been affecting your times.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info