Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

When Fiat Chrysler Automobiles detailed its Q2 2020 financial results last week, it also revealed some interesting information about some hotly anticipated products. At Ram, we'll see the Rebel TRX finally enter production while FCA's Warren Truck plant will shut down later this year for the retooling needed to produce the Jeep Wagoneer and Jeep Grand Wagoneer.

The first we're likely to see is the 2021 Ram Rebel TRX. The truck brand has already announced the high-powered off-road pickup truck will debut sometime this summer, which may happen sooner rather than later. FCA's financial report says TRX production begins in the fourth quarter of this year, less than two months from now.

The TRX will be Ram's attempt to outdo the Ford Raptor, a lone player in the dedicated off-road pickup segment. Ram hopes to set the TRX apart with the powertrain. Rumors persist the Hellcat's supercharged 707-horsepower (527-kilowatt) 6.2-liter V8 will power it. There could be a less potent version, too, that may use the 5.7-liter Hemi V8.

But that's not the only new FCA product set to arrive. Jeep will soon have a pair of three-row SUVs in with the Jeep Wagoneer and Grand Wagoneer. These will sit above the next-generation Grand Cherokee. The Warren Truck plant will shut down into October to retool for production, which FCA says will begin in the second quarter of 2021. Following that will be the start of production for the Grand Cherokee in Q3 2021.

The latest rumors suggest the Grand Wagoneer could be the brand's technological powerhouse with hybrid technology, a luxurious interior, and plenty of screens, like a digital instrument cluster and a 12-inch frameless infotainment screen. There'll allegedly be a customizable screen for the front passenger and another for the rear passenger entertainment system.

As with any roadmap, these dates could change. FCA has already had to delay several of these products due to the coronavirus pandemic. We hope no other issues arise going forward.

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Even has a little shark fin antenna on top!

1597691336070.png

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I know I'm probably going against the grain here, but these Trucks (TRX and Raptor) do absolutely nothing for me. I wish GM, Ford, and Chrysler would stop producing these since I'm guessing that most of these are used as mall crawlers. Instead, they should produce sucessors to the Lightning, SRT-10 Ram, and 454SS with upgraded brakes, tires, and suspension for the street/track. Throwing a Hellcat motor into a Ram, 6 speed manual, and a chassis tuned by the Viper engineering guys would be bad ass.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
I know I'm probably going against the grain here, but these cars (GT500 and ZL1) do absolutely nothing for me. I wish GM, Ford, and Chrysler would stop producing these since I'm guessing that most of these are used as grocery getters. Instead, they should produce successors to the w-bodies, Neons, and Camrys with upgraded trunk space, seats, and creature comforts for the shopping mall. Throwing a 3800 into a Camry, 4T65, and a chassis tuned by the Lexus engineering guys would be comfy.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Poor logic. You can extract that majority of the performance of a GT500 and ZL1 on the street (assuming you know how to drive). To hit 100% of that, you'd need to go to the track, but you can still rip through the gears and enjoy the engineering.

These trucks are extensively engineered to go off-road and hardly any are ever taken off road to test the capabilities. They drive poorly on-road due to the suspension travel, tires, etc. So what's the point if you are strictly using them to commute to pick up groceries or hard parking on snow banks?

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Poor logic. You can extract that majority of the plushness and stability of a Raptor and TRX on the street (assuming you know how to drive). To hit 100% of that, you'd need to go to Silver Lake Sand Dunes, but you can still rip through the gears and enjoy the engineering.

These cars are extensively engineered to corner fast and hardly any are ever taken to a track to legally test the capabilities. They drive poorly on-road due to the tight suspension travel, low-profile tires, etc. So what's the point if you are strictly using them to commute to pick up groceries or hard parking at car shows?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I know I'm probably going against the grain here, but these Trucks (TRX and Raptor) do absolutely nothing for me. I wish GM, Ford, and Chrysler would stop producing these since I'm guessing that most of these are used as mall crawlers. Instead, they should produce sucessors to the Lightning, SRT-10 Ram, and 454SS with upgraded brakes, tires, and suspension for the street/track. Throwing a Hellcat motor into a Ram, 6 speed manual, and a chassis tuned by the Viper engineering guys would be bad ass.
Not everyone lives in the shit hole you do. There are thousands of miles of trails in Colorado that you can drive things like this on and I see plenty of them out there.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
Not everyone lives in the shit hole you do. There are thousands of miles of trails in Colorado that you can drive things like this on and I see plenty of them out there.

Not to mention an absolute fuck ton of these are sold in the southwest/west US. If you (not you, YOU) really wanna count it out, these trucks might actually see more proper usage than these garage queens that sit covered 8-9 months out of the year because it's too cold out, there's still salt on the roads, it won't stop raining, the roads are wet, insert-every-generic-garagequeen-excuse-here.

inb4gofastcarsinthesameregion

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info