3800 Rainbow/Cuba Road Property *pics*

A

Anonymous

Other haunted places in the lake Zurich area

Currently there also stands a house on the lake where a WW2 vet, his wife and his son all died inside. It is full of many old things from the war and old pictures and cameras (son was an old journalist) I went there last winter alone for the first time and things were trashed since last time. I was going upstairs and cautiously I asked “is anybody there?” I shit you not, after a 10 second waiting period I heard whistling of the star spangled banner, clear as fucking day. It slowly died down though. I believe in ghosts now for sure. There also stands a White House on rand near Brunswick where another veteran used to live. His mother died there after talking to a close friend of his. The (possibly Korean War vets) wears outs are unknown so idk if he’s still alive or not. The city owns the building and it is sure to be torn down eventually. Been there countless times, even at night. Nothing too bad happened in there, in fact I felt unusually at peace in there. Great spot. I almost forgot this story. There used to be a blue house on 22 up where it intersects to McHenry on a side road. Every buildings there is leveled now except one farm house (being restored) there also is the remains of an old factory basement (turned into gus’s Pub and grub) and it was burnt down. Only an outbuilding and basement remain. Anyways the blue house burnt down after me and my friend went there in 6th grade once. Amazing place, everything including vehicles were left behind. We got super scared because it was the first time we would start exploring. So we didn’t get to record much. The building burnt down approximately one month after we visited it and stayed a burnt wreck for another month before subsequently being leveled. Anyways like four years after we went there and I completely forgot about it. It was completely gone from my mind. And randomly I have this dream, where I am a little boy in this family a long time ago. I have a little sister too. I’m in this house right, everything from what I remember is still there including more. All neatly placed rather than thrown on the ground. So I’m living in this house with my family when one day my “father” starts to argue with my mom. She starts to pack up things and threatens to leave. He pushed her down and she dropped all her suitcases and started punching her. I went with my little sister and ran into the corn fields where the dream slowly went away. Like there was no reason for this dream to occult, my memories of that place would have been completely erased if it weren’t for that dream... crazy stuff, I believe in otherworldly things now after there events

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Awesome...

If the ghost does this to me, I'm good

44pE.gif

A

Anonymous

More images

VdQ2C8I.jpg
Here is the main living room, more things were in the back. Not one thing was taken, although strangely things were disturbed and placed in inhuman ways.
J4p6Xwq.jpg
just to show that everything really was left, the gun was left in a comic box. In case you didn't know it's highly illegal to leave a gun like this in Illinois.
gpVeTh5.jpg
this was the woman's bedroom, all the clothes, makeup and other valuables such as money were found. There was a suitcase with bank statements or something under the bed in a suitcase and it was filled to the brim with them and other concerning things.
PNh3cC0.jpg
JHGJFLk.jpg
More things left behind, this time in the basement. Like I said the pics don't do it justice, the years of the things there and the amount left behind was just unbelievable. Here is a pic of the abandoned nursery directly across the street hidden in the woods. In the house I found images of this exact building on fire, taken from the roof.
lafNSgq.jpg

A

Anonymous

We weren't alone

Another small detail in this long story is that my friend firsthand saw something with glowing red eyes in the woods or backyard near the tractor, just watching from afar.(Don't remember exactly because I was at a party) Just tonight (At the party) we were reminiscing and he told me that one detail that made my skin crawl. I now realize that he was genuinely scared and he didn't want to tell me because then we would both freak out. He wanted to leave sooo badly now that I think about it. This was just the first evening we went there. And it wasn't the last strange experience we would encounter either on this property.
TFaEX0B.jpg

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
A recent article about this property. Probably the best pictures and info you will find. Its a good read.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info