3800 radio swap....now TCS inop???

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Im not sure if these can be related, but the car sat for 5 months, among other things i swapped radios (stock for stock) in the car. i realized this weekend that i no longer have the use the tcs. it does not light up on the bulb test (although im not sure if it should). the low trac light tests, and when i scan it with the techII if i press the button it does not dis-engage. anyone have this issue? i checked all the fuses (i believe) that could possible be involved in that circuit, and i still get nothing.

i also noticed that on the hvac head, the temp (blue/red) next to each knob (auto temp) dont light up. they did before the car sat. any ideas? both hvac fuses are good.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i was refering to the hvac bulbs :p

i was thinking more of a bad switch and more likely corroded contacts (oxidation) did you cycle the switch repeatedly it may be a self cleaning switch

most of those types of apps will momentary/constant ground a wire/pin on the computer to provide the input

find that wire and ground it see if it changes in the TII

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• P
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list