Radio Shack Store Closures

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
Not sure if any of you care, but as a heads up, there's some stores that will be closing or is in the process of closing. I stopped by Elgin (summit st) and they had up to 60% off on some stuff but a lot around 35% - 40% off. If you're into building small electronics or want resistors, capacitora, ect, right now is the best time. I heard they may drop prices further in April.

I see on Radioshack.com that Crystal Lake is in the process of closure as well.

Knowklew

Donating Member
Reaction score
Brick and mortar retail is falling apart.

All the sports stores are closing as well, remember Sports Authority or Golfsmith? Ya, no one else does either.

Macy's and the like are next in line.

VenomousDSG

Smells own farts
Reaction score
Dont forget Best Buy, they have been in the red for a long time now. Surprised they haven't closed more stores.

It's becoming an online world. Why spend more for something getting up and going to a store when you don't have to do a thing, have it shipped right to you, and spend less.

Mebot

Reaction score
Will check the store closing in Seattle near my office. Need more turntable stuff

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
radio shack isn't what it used to be. just a crap small retail electronics store now.

electronic components, still cheaper to buy online even after their closeout discounts.

meh.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
radio shack isn't what it used to be. just a crap small retail electronics store now.

electronic components, still cheaper to buy online even after their closeout discounts.

meh.
Probably the only place to get specific small parts (resistors, diodes, capacitors, ect) that's needed quickly and without wait.

On a side note, a lot of Gander Mountains are closing as well. Sadly, the one in Algonquin is on that list. I think it's slated to start closing in late April or May.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
And man, it's killer not being able to get a 1k ohm resistor at 5 on a Friday!

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
Wonder when that Algonquin gander is gonna start slashing prices, actually heard today

RobFRC

C5, GTO, LSE.
Reaction score
Brick and mortar retail is falling apart.

All the sports stores are closing as well, remember Sports Authority or Golfsmith? Ya, no one else does either.

Macy's and the like are next in line.
Had a sports authority by me. I was in the market for a mountain bike while they were closing down. The last few days of their closing sale, the bike I wanted was somehow still more expensive than Performance Bicycle in Orland Park, where I eventually purchased it from instead. That was my only experience with sports authority. Not surprised they're gone with prices that outrageous.

Primalzer

Reaction score
Wonder when that Algonquin gander is gonna start slashing prices, actually heard today
Was there over the weekend, bought a pair of rubber boots for $20, a pair of shoes for $30, and about $100 worth of fishing lures for $70 :rofl:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom