Radiator Replacement

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
It's pretty straightforward with removing the upper mounts and clam shells and radiator fan module then you can get to the cooler lines do not lose the small wire clips that you will have to use a pick to remove. If the original plastic snap covers are intact you will have to put those off and slide them down the line before you will see the clip.
There is a Mount holding the trans cooler lines to the radiator support at the bottom you might need to remove it to make it easier to work on it. Make sure to clean the sensor element of the low coolant sensor on the passenger side your new radiator should come with a new o-ring make sure you look for the hardware in the Box.
The condenser will just sit in place in front of the radiator it might wiggle around but it's wedged into place.
Make sure you at least replace your lower radiator hose while you're in there

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Fuck. My neighbor helped me replace the radiator. Everything went fine. I drove it around and tried my A/C. It's not cold. I had it charged by a shop shortly before I noticed the leaking green. My neighbor asks if they put the dye in it, which they did. So it may not have been coolant. What would be leaking freon that is in the very far drivers side corner of the radiator/AC core. Is there a fitting or gasket?

Is this freon dye or coolant?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info