Radiator Replacement

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
My radiator started leaking so I ordered a new one from RockAuto. Are there any tips/tricks or special tools needed? How long can I expect this job to take.
Thanks

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
[MENTION=945]daturbosix[/MENTION], surely you've done one

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
It's pretty straightforward with removing the upper mounts and clam shells and radiator fan module then you can get to the cooler lines do not lose the small wire clips that you will have to use a pick to remove. If the original plastic snap covers are intact you will have to put those off and slide them down the line before you will see the clip.
There is a Mount holding the trans cooler lines to the radiator support at the bottom you might need to remove it to make it easier to work on it. Make sure to clean the sensor element of the low coolant sensor on the passenger side your new radiator should come with a new o-ring make sure you look for the hardware in the Box.
The condenser will just sit in place in front of the radiator it might wiggle around but it's wedged into place.
Make sure you at least replace your lower radiator hose while you're in there

ThirdgenTa

Reaction score
Fuck. My neighbor helped me replace the radiator. Everything went fine. I drove it around and tried my A/C. It's not cold. I had it charged by a shop shortly before I noticed the leaking green. My neighbor asks if they put the dye in it, which they did. So it may not have been coolant. What would be leaking freon that is in the very far drivers side corner of the radiator/AC core. Is there a fitting or gasket?

Is this freon dye or coolant?

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
Lol both my gp's have ac condenser leaks at the bottom. Neon green heavy-ish oily fluid is the ac...
Neon green watery fluid is coolant.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom