3800 Race Day issues...

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
its a good track, the prep will be good usually. A lot of people here get PBs there..... and we can run many more times. I usually get 10-15 runs in and thats with taking breaks sometimes
[/b]
thats a lot of runs! i would be happy with 5 at byron! depending on what time we get there, i dont think cool down time will allow for that many runs, but who knows!

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

well i guess we can get a convoy going at my place again. i got jp, justin, maybe voytek/bob cj?? kyle doesnt want to drive out to harvard and then over to us41, and mr smith??
[/b]

Yea, I'll be there. I got the trans the other day, and still have to get some gaskets and a timing chain (alot easier with the motor out of the car) I'm gonna be pushing the time limits though cause there is some other stuff I would like to get done :ph34r: ,so I won't even know if the car is gonna drive ok, till a week before or so.
CJ

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
James, I have a delete if you need one. [/b]

lol i think the delete mounts on the same bracket we need! we need AC on the front engine...with two NA engines and full blast AC the interior never got below 80*, now that we have the insulated and very sealed rear firewall we're hopeing for a balmy 70* max ac (youd be suprised how much heat the chassis conducts into the interior)

besides as soon as i'm done with the heads and the last piece of shiney aluminum is clearcoated, we'll need to get two couplers soon and two mps' what kind of deal we get in bulk? :lolsign:

I

imported_PaceCarBoozer

uhhh anyone got a 3800 W body AC compressor bracket? :unsure: (we kinda need one if we are gonna have any chance of getting her running!)

cj did that pan clean up ok?
[/b]

I haven't gotten that far yet, I'm still in the process of burning all that damn wood and throwing away crap that was left in the garage when I moved in. I'm gonna be starting this weekend tearing the car apart....hopefully.
CJ

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
James, I will dig through my parts bins tonight and find one for you. [/b]

dude i'd sooo be in your debt! i talked with Sam (bigsammoe) who needs me to weld his tog's egr and a couple of brackets i have so if you have it you can give it to him

we have to strip and junk his old lumi sooner than we wanted to so now we really have to bust ass

TO THOSE WHO WANT TO SEE THE 442...we are trying!

I

imported_Xerxeis

Ok...
I'm planning on going up friday night to either go to a comedy club downtown or just straight drinking around the lombard area. Will most likely pass out at thier apartment, so sleeping is taken care of friday night.

saturday, head over to the mod-day area, i'm hoping to do front rotors and pads. what will saturday evening consist of? is there camping there (if i remember reading correctly)? If not, i'll need to find someplace to stay and will need to convoy with peeps on sunday to the track since i've never been there before

*EDIT* umm...this was the first post i saw, didn't see the new info page :ph34r:

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Ok...
I'm planning on going up friday night to either go to a comedy club downtown or just straight drinking around the lombard area. Will most likely pass out at thier apartment, so sleeping is taken care of friday night.

saturday, head over to the mod-day area, i'm hoping to do front rotors and pads. what will saturday evening consist of? is there camping there (if i remember reading correctly)? If not, i'll need to find someplace to stay and will need to convoy with peeps on sunday to the track since i've never been there before

*EDIT* umm...this was the first post i saw, didn't see the new info page :ph34r:
[/b]

Saturday night is basically a repeat of your friday plans...
few kegs, bags, washers, basic outdoor shenanigans.

Last year I just camped out in my backseat, but I'm used to sleeping in the fucker
Most people pitched a tent and camped out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info