R8 gets a brother...Turk Style

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
So 5 years ago when I got rid of the M3 to get the R8, it was a tough decision. I loved the M3, but it didn't make sense for an unmarried guy without kids. Why did I need backseats I'd never use? I decided that the M3 was a perfect car for a car enthusiast that had a family, and I promised myself that if I ever had a family, and the opportunity arose, I'd get one again. Well fast forward 5 years, and here we are.

My wife made the mistake of giving me the green light to buy a new car. Couple that with Trump's tax plan, and everything kid of fell in place. At first I was looking at new S4s and C43 AMGs, but then I asked myself, why? Why should I go new when this car will become my "beater". If I'm going to put 15-20k miles on a car, shouldn't I go used? So I started looking at used M3s, and the perfect one popped up on my search. A 2015 Mineral White M3 that's pretty much fully loaded (80k sticker), and only 17k miles on the clock. The price seemed right, so I decided to go for it.

All I can say so far is that I like the car, a whole lot. They seem to have taken everything they did right with the e92 and made it better with this car. It's hard for me to judge performance right now because the car has Pilot Super Sports (Winter wheel and tires on order) so I can't get on it at all, but you can feel the power is there. The interior is superb, the exterior styling looks great, I'm in love.

Can't wait til it warms up a bit and I can thrash this thing to and from work. I think the R8 may be a little jealous...

f3hsaTv.jpg

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
The mineral white isn't the standard white. This one has more of a pearl to it, I'm not sure which one I like better. This white is less glossy, but seems like it will hold up to daily abuse very well. I can't find any scratches on it, which is a good sign.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Does owning a car that nice triple the amount of pissed off you'll get when you come out to it one day and some jerk off opened their door into it? Or some other person was too lazy to put their cart away and it just rolls into your car? I'd park that in the garage and walk to the store if I owned it :rofl:

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Does owning a car that nice triple the amount of pissed off you'll get when you come out to it one day and some jerk off opened their door into it? Or some other person was too lazy to put their cart away and it just rolls into your car? I'd park that in the garage and walk to the store if I owned it :rofl:

Eh, in my head I already know this is my daily driver and I know I won't be able to keep it perfect. Pointless dent removal does wonders and I feel like I can remove any scratch that doesn't go all the way through the clear. I'll do the rinse less wash in the winter as much as I can to keep it looking good.

Thread Info