R/C car general thread?

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
This is starting to suck. The new esc may not be compatible with my old crystal receiver. fml This thing is more expensive than my fucking boat.

The telemetry stuff they offer won't be. But you should still be able to control the ESC and servo's with any receiver.

I made the jump to Spread Spectrum probably 10 years ago now. Never looked back.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Yes. Today I saved myself $80. I've been having a problem with the baddest of the RC Cars. My 1/8th scale Truggy.

Whenever the car was put under load, the ESC would drop all voltage and the car would reset like I had disconnected the battery and immediately plugged it back in. I disassembled all the electronics, and took the case off the ESC. Found a loose connection on the negative battery connector. So I took some time and resoldered it.

Whenever a large enough current passed through it, it must have caused the system to go into protection mode.

I'm still thinking it may be a problem in the future if I'm doing big bashing on 6S power. But I ran some half charged packs through it and had no reset issues.

$300 ESC, that would have cost me $80 to repair, fixed for free.

I need a better transmitter, mine only has 3 model memory, and I have 5 RCs. So its time to buy a new transmitter I think.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
there's a model from Tamiya that really interests me.... 3 body options.

the high lift

custom_head.jpg

custom_head.jpg

custom_head.jpg

highlift-shift.jpg

58415_chassis.jpg

header_58415.jpg

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The scale stuff is really cool. Debating ditching my Jato for one. Or converting the Jato to electric. Traxxas is new to the game, but I really like their TRX, which is now available as a kit. Especially the Bronco body.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zddkWzj9Npw

omg i thought traxxas was still anti-kit.

that's awesome i'd love to do that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info