• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

quick question

starrGTP

Reaction score
Before I get ahead of my self and buy a unit....My GTP did not have a HUD. Is it possible to buy one and plug-n-play install one or is it a pita hard job? What am I looking at getting myself into?

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
HUD install page. ;)

As far as I know, I think I read on clubgp, that all GTPs are all prewired for HUD. Ill search again.

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
Reaction score
Take the dash piece off and the gauges and look for the wires. they will be right there. I think they stoped wiring for hud in 99 so you may not have the wires depending on the year. I just added a hud to my 2000 gt a few weeks ago and my car did not have the wires so it took a lot of splicing. It took me about 5 hours to splice all the wires and cut the dash. Take your time cuz u dont want to f-up and be screwed. For some reason i do not have an image but you can here the motor change angles. Before i cut the dash i tested it and i could see inside of it, it worked. then i cut and fit and cut and fit and now it does not work. wierd. I can look inside of it from outside of the car and there is no image. Then i did some testong with a DVOM and i was not getting voltage throught the dimmer part of the switch and i got a new switch comming so i hope it fixes this. If any on has suggestions on what could be wrong with my hud feel free to let me know. Here is a link to the wire diagram i used and i double checked it from the dealer and it looks correct.
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/seanvanr/add...WIRING.htmlrect.
Like i said take your time here!
Sorry i did not mean to steal your post

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
He has a 98. So if they stopped pre wiring in 99, he should have the plugs already there. If so, that isnt too bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom