• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Quick Nitrous Question

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
I wouldnt recommend it because you want the nozzle far enough away from the throttle body so that when it comes through it that it will get sucked/sprayed through the intake manifold equally. You dont want it spraying and leaning out one side of the motor ect...

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I wouldnt recommend it because you want the nozzle far enough away from the throttle body so that when it comes through it that it will get sucked/sprayed through the intake manifold equally. You dont want it spraying and leaning out one side of the motor ect...

I can see your point on a NA car, but remember, this is going through 2 humungous blower blades, an intercooler and a lower intake.
I do respect your point, and look forward to more responses.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Now that my Marauder is running right, time to hook up the gas.

Question is: Since just about everyone places the Nozzle before the Throttle body, is it ok to be after the TB?

There are many tapped holes in my crusher inlet I can place the nozzle, just making sure it is ok to do.
This is a wet kit FYI.
Thanks

I've seen guys do it on KB's and Whipples on MF, so I don't see why not...:dunno: I agree with you that it's still being mixed in the TS as well. One advantage to having before the throttle body is that if for some reason the solenoid sticks, you can let off the gas and it should block any NOS from entering...

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
I've seen guys do it on KB's and Whipples on MF, so I don't see why not...:dunno: I agree with you that it's still being mixed in the TS as well. One advantage to having before the throttle body is that if for some reason the solenoid sticks, you can let off the gas and it should block any NOS from entering...

Unfortunately even that is not really true because the IAC is there which will allow the nitrous through. Though it will not be as much as if directly sprayed through the TB. That is why if a person wants to be really safe in case of a solenoid sticking they can do dual solenoids on the nitrous side and still a single on the fuel side (if running wet).

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Unfortunately even that is not really true because the IAC is there which will allow the nitrous through. Though it will not be as much as if directly sprayed through the TB. That is why if a person wants to be really safe in case of a solenoid sticking they can do dual solenoids on the nitrous side and still a single on the fuel side (if running wet).

good point ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info