3800 quick mod, which one?

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
Originally posted by SaturdaysGS@Sep 25 2005, 03:39 AM
Yeah I definately misread and thought sturt braces, I'm an idiot.. What motor mounts were you lookin at?
[snapback]98827[/snapback]​

I was lookin at the brand new Polyurethane motor mounts from ZZP they looked really good because they say theyre 4x stronger than the first gen's.

----sinr247--- Which strut brace should I get for now, front or rear and which brand do u recomend? Basically which one will give me better traction?? sooner or later im going to end up getting front and rear anyway.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Strut tower braces are for more handling. You will not get more traction from them. Technically, no handling upgrades minus spring blockers, struts or springs will help for traction. If you get strut tower braces, save your money and get GM/Buick strut tower braces.

Id go with motor mounts.

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
Originally posted by Fish@Sep 25 2005, 12:36 PM
Strut tower braces are for more handling. You will not get more traction from them.

Id go with motor mounts.
[snapback]98841[/snapback]​

Thanks Fish I appreciate it. All this time I was thinkin strut braces help with traction a lot, But im sure the motor mounts do by holding the engine secure and not rocking back right?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by gambino GTP+Sep 25 2005, 01:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Fish
@Sep 25 2005, 12:36 PM
Strut tower braces are for more handling. You will not get more traction from them.

Id go with motor mounts.
[snapback]98841[/snapback]​

Thanks Fish I appreciate it. All this time I was thinkin strut braces help with traction a lot, But im sure the motor mounts do by holding the engine secure and not rocking back right?
[snapback]98843[/snapback]​
[/b]
go with a front onei guess for now, u can geta both for under 120, so go with both, true the wont aid in traction that much, they will keep it form flex bakc and forth in a take off especily on shity roads if u do street racing

alexgtp

TCG Elite Member
Aug 3, 2007
GET THE MOTOR MOUNTS!!
BEst mod you can do for your money!

Less torsion in the motor from the already weak motor mounts..= more power to the wheels and less stress in your engine and tranny drivetrain.

Wont really help in the traction dept.

For traction look into better tires.

For handling i would suggest upgraded sway bars. strut tower braces for the read and front and also better springs and struts. And you cant go wring with upgraded brakes!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info