3800 Quick, Help!

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
Ok so yesterday my car stopped due to the fuel pump resistor. So the resistor was fixed and done with.......

Now outside of the car you can hear the fuel pump squeek even while you drive? It sounds just like when the ignition is on, that long squeek, and never stops while im driving unless I hit the brakes kinda hard. I know I can hear it inside because my back seats are removed but is that squeek normal?

Yes the car was fully warmed up. Im going to take it in to the shop at 4:00 today please let me know if its normal?

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
Originally posted by J.E.T.@Sep 27 2006, 08:15 AM
I know I can hear it inside because my back seats are removed but is that squeek normal?

I'm going to say no - its not normal. It could be a sign that your fuel pump is on its way out. Then again, most GP's here are too loud and you really cant hear anything else but the exhaust! LOL!

J.E.T.
[snapback]140800[/snapback]​
yeah jet might be right. the pump is probly going,very slowly tho. Ravens fuel pump is been getting louder over time. we checeked the voltage at the pump and everything else and seems to be perfect other then the noise. No telling when it will go out but for the time being its running fine and has been doing it for about a year. Just be aware of it.
tho we did put a zzp FP rewire, dont know if that helped or hurt

Originally posted by SINr247+Sep 27 2006, 09:38 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-J.E.T.
@Sep 27 2006, 08:15 AM
I know I can hear it inside because my back seats are removed but is that squeek normal?

I'm going to say no - its not normal. It could be a sign that your fuel pump is on its way out. Then again, most GP's here are too loud and you really cant hear anything else but the exhaust! LOL!

J.E.T.
[snapback]140800[/snapback]​
yeah jet might be right. the pump is probly going,very slowly tho. Ravens fuel pump is been getting louder over time. we checeked the voltage at the pump and everything else and seems to be perfect other then the noise. No telling when it will go out but for the time being its running fine and has been doing it for about a year. Just be aware of it.
tho we did put a zzp FP rewire, dont know if that helped or hurt
[snapback]140801[/snapback]​
[/b]

wat kind of screech is it? loud? or just loud enough to where u can hear it? b.c ive had my 95 gp for 2 years now and cant ever recall hearin a sound like that

AdamGTP7

Regular
Feb 21, 2008
The sound is almost exactly the same sound when the ignition is just on for the first 3 seconds with the car being off. You know that high pitched "hum" sound or squeek. You here it on the outside with my exaust drone.

Its ok tho , Im just going to get a new one regardless if its working or not because im probably going to get a cam sonner or later.

Thanks guys.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info