• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Quick, Help!

AdamGTP7

Reaction score
Ok so yesterday my car stopped due to the fuel pump resistor. So the resistor was fixed and done with.......

Now outside of the car you can hear the fuel pump squeek even while you drive? It sounds just like when the ignition is on, that long squeek, and never stops while im driving unless I hit the brakes kinda hard. I know I can hear it inside because my back seats are removed but is that squeek normal?

Yes the car was fully warmed up. Im going to take it in to the shop at 4:00 today please let me know if its normal?

AdamGTP7

Reaction score
My mechanic checked it out and said the fuel pump is fine, and he said the fuel pump is squeeking louder because the fuel pump resistor is actually working now.

J.E.T.

Reaction score
I know I can hear it inside because my back seats are removed but is that squeek normal?

I'm going to say no - its not normal. It could be a sign that your fuel pump is on its way out. Then again, most GP's here are too loud and you really cant hear anything else but the exhaust! LOL!

J.E.T.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
Originally posted by J.E.T.@Sep 27 2006, 08:15 AM
I know I can hear it inside because my back seats are removed but is that squeek normal?

I'm going to say no - its not normal. It could be a sign that your fuel pump is on its way out. Then again, most GP's here are too loud and you really cant hear anything else but the exhaust! LOL!

J.E.T.
[snapback]140800[/snapback]​
yeah jet might be right. the pump is probly going,very slowly tho. Ravens fuel pump is been getting louder over time. we checeked the voltage at the pump and everything else and seems to be perfect other then the noise. No telling when it will go out but for the time being its running fine and has been doing it for about a year. Just be aware of it.
tho we did put a zzp FP rewire, dont know if that helped or hurt

grandprixboy

Reaction score
Originally posted by SINr247+Sep 27 2006, 09:38 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-J.E.T.
@Sep 27 2006, 08:15 AM

J.E.T.
[snapback]140800[/snapback]​
yeah jet might be right. the pump is probly going,very slowly tho. Ravens fuel pump is been getting louder over time. we checeked the voltage at the pump and everything else and seems to be perfect other then the noise. No telling when it will go out but for the time being its running fine and has been doing it for about a year. Just be aware of it.
tho we did put a zzp FP rewire, dont know if that helped or hurt
[snapback]140801[/snapback]​
[/b]

wat kind of screech is it? loud? or just loud enough to where u can hear it? b.c ive had my 95 gp for 2 years now and cant ever recall hearin a sound like that

AdamGTP7

Reaction score
The sound is almost exactly the same sound when the ignition is just on for the first 3 seconds with the car being off. You know that high pitched "hum" sound or squeek. You here it on the outside with my exaust drone.

Its ok tho , Im just going to get a new one regardless if its working or not because im probably going to get a cam sonner or later.

Thanks guys.

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Reaction score
that is the sound of the pump, well at least you know what it is now

i have a racetronix fuel pump kit if your intrested, if your going to change you might as well go with the best

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom