Drag to reposition cover

Quest for improved 4th gen Fbody drivability

OP
Bru

Bru

Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
I thought the car's performance at the track day was shit, so I was a bit sour on the thing, but I found some silver linings after comparing the track day's run with my previous best: a 12.1 versus PB 11.8.

60-foot: PB 1.61 to track day 1.66 -- Honestly, not too bad considering I changed the shocks from stock replacements to Koni Yellows, and didn't adjust the front shocks from street trim. Plus, I ditched the tunnel-mounted torque arm for a UMI long arm. Those Hoosiers at work! And maybe the lighter wheels. All I did was take the slack out of the converter and mash it.

Back-half MPH: The track day run gained 9/10 a mph in eighth-mile to quarter-mile mph versus my PB, and in 90-degree heat and 3,000-foot DA, versus the -700 DA and high 40s temps of my PB. My overall trap was down, though; perhaps this is just within variance, or it indicates the ram air is working considering it gained more MPH in the same distance.

Really stretching it: The drag times DA corrector spit out 11.6 @ 116 mph.

Anyway, that was a long way to say maybe something isn't wrong with the car like I initially thought. I still want to scan it, and like the last time at the track I'm not thrilled about it puffing black smoke at higher RPMs.

JFish75

Regular
Reaction score
Car looked good, I was watching you since I think we are pretty similar set up except I can't launch my car for shit and I'm worried about blowing up the stock 10 bolt, so my times suck. So I just compare to yours hoping I have that potential, LOL.

OP
Bru

Bru

Staff member
Donating Member
Reaction score
Car looked good, I was watching you since I think we are pretty similar set up except I can't launch my car for shit and I'm worried about blowing up the stock 10 bolt, so my times suck. So I just compare to yours hoping I have that potential, LOL.
Ha! The stalled auto and 3.73 gear are great for getting out of the hole versus a manual car. That Vette caught me sleeping at the light but I still jumped out ahead until about the 1,000-foot mark where he came around (his 118 mph trap vs my 112 mph). It's the one thing I love about this current setup - that I can keep up with a lumpy cam wildly loud car with my stock-like idle and quiet exhaust.

JFish75

Regular
Reaction score
Ha! The stalled auto and 3.73 gear are great for getting out of the hole versus a manual car. That Vette caught me sleeping at the light but I still jumped out ahead until about the 1,000-foot mark where he came around (his 118 mph trap vs my 112 mph). It's the one thing I love about this current setup - that I can keep up with a lumpy cam wildly loud car with my stock-like idle and quiet exhaust.
Ok maybe not so similar then, :ROFLMAO:, I am manual with stock 3.42 gears. Last time I ran I kept bogging off the line, (clutch is like an on off switch with the Tick Master cylinder) I think my best was like a 2.0 60 ft or something, but MPH was about the same as you just over 112.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom