đź”– Deals Quality Window Tinting

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Who's cheaping out? So because a person charges less, it's not a quality job? The guy I use uses quality tint, does a fantastic job, has a lifetime warranty, and has been doing it for many years. I heard about him because he was big in the Lexus groups.

I paid $150 for our forester this past summer. There was a really nice Porsche waiting after me. But that's ok, you keep paying much more if it helps you sleep at night.

How many windows did you have done on your forester? What Brand tint?

I'm content to bring my cars to Greg at Quality, I feel like whenever he gets brought up, people ALWAYS rebuttle with "Oh I had it done cheaper at XXX place, why waste your money".

Even if there was a place cheaper AND closer AND as reputable; I would STILL continue to bring my cars to Quality Window Tinting, because I have had nothing but good experiences with him from multiple cars of my own. I feel like Loyality is almost completely lost over the dollar lately, which is a shame. I learned my lesson last year at Discount Tire trying to save a few bucks, and don't plan on repeating that mistake.

I will be bringing him the new cooper in the next week or two; and look forward to having him work on our cars.

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011
I believe he uses Johnson. The forester was 7 windows, even matching them all around with the factory tint. Cesar works out of a detail shop, so I'm sure he has less overhead than having his own shop and he's always busy.

People are more than welcome to get their services from wherever. If you're happy with the price you pay and the service provided, that's all that matters. I'm just responding to it being considered "cheaping out"

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I believe he uses Johnson. The forester was 7 windows, even matching them all around with the factory tint. Cesar works out of a detail shop, so I'm sure he has less overhead than having his own shop and he's always busy.

People are more than welcome to get their services from wherever. If you're happy with the price you pay and the service provided, that's all that matters. I'm just responding to it being considered "cheaping out"

He uses Johnson. I remember from when he did my car.

Why I think he's cheaper is efficiency. He did all 5 windows in about an hour from start to finish. I went to the Philly Cheese steak place attached to the building and ate lunch and he was finishing up. When he was doing his final inspection, he noticed dust/debris behind the front drivers window and pulled the tint off and replaced it no questions asked.

CntrlFreak

Regular
May 2, 2015
^^^ $320 is not bad.

I've had two shops quote me $450 for my Durango including the windshield, which I don't want tinted.

@Chicagoautopros hooked me up and did phenomenal work.

Previous cars, I paid around $250 for Mustangs for four windows and the rear window.

Greg is a great guy for sure. He was super anal/careful when he worked on my 2014 GT. Very cool guy and super OCD when it came to his work. I was super grateful for him to hook me up with the TCG discount.

Only bad thing was the day he did my tint, since he is a few miles from the highway, it was all construction and took us about two hours to get home, haha.

Just had Chicago Auto Pros do my A4 today they give 15% off to TCG members, I went 35% on all 5 (kept it legal). They did an incredible job even washed the car when done. Did it with the Lumar heat rejection film with lifetime warranty. Took about 3 hours and the bill was 339, totally worth it. The other car will go there as well.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Just had Chicago Auto Pros do my A4 today they give 15% off to TCG members, I went 35% on all 5 (kept it legal). They did an incredible job even washed the car when done. Did it with the Lumar heat rejection film with lifetime warranty. Took about 3 hours and the bill was 339, totally worth it. The other car will go there as well.

Glad to hear that man!

Chicago Auto Pros is a great shop for just about everything cosmetic.

Still trying to get my wife to bring her volt there. She is on the fence about tints. Bribery may have to be put into affect.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
This a review from a customer on a certain company's job quality . Would you come into a ford Mustang review thread and talk about how the throttle response is on a camaro ?

Understand where you're coming from, but, everyone here is talking about one thing: Window tint.

Albeit, from various companies, still the same thing. Your analogy is off my friend, and I think you're comparing apples to bearings.

I don't see anything wrong with people pointing out their feedback on pricing/quality of a tint job from other companies. There is no bashing going on, so, why make it something that it isn't?

2QuikTA

Addict
May 30, 2011
This a review from a customer on a certain company's job quality . Would you come into a ford Mustang review thread and talk about how the throttle response is on a camaro ?

If I start a thread about that new $1000 tv that I bought at target, you're more than welcome to post how you just got that same tv for $800 at Best Buy.

If Best Buy starts a thread about a deal they have on a tv, it's in poor taste for me to post how target has a better deal. Even more so if Best Buy is a sponsor.

See the difference?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info