Quality built truck campers & toy hauler trailers discussion

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
my issue with these toyhaulers is like.. my shit is typicaly DIRRRRRRRTAY after it gets used, i mean unless you're cleaning it before you're loading it (and even if you do clean it) you're going to be parking a dirty/dusty/muddy/wet rig in your camper's kitchen/living area basically.

the ones at the rv show i walked through didn't have much as far as a solution to clean out the situation. i mean, throw some floor drains in the bitch so i could hose it out at least.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
oh snap, what's up with this brand.

doesn't look like a "got bought out" company.

i also like that one of the first things on the site is talking about their chassis's's's's

1582205539997.png

Reactions: SleeperLS

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
what ive learned today.

1. quality, well built, reasonably priced campers don't really seem to exist.
2. shit gets heavy quick.
3. hotels are nice and cheap.
4. most half ton trucks aren't going to be able to pull most toyhaulers that can fit a 4+ seater sxs. and if they can, you're not going to be able to bring much gear or many people with you.
5. i should start a mini, quality, no frills, camper company.... YOLO
6. seems like there are more, higher end, truck camper companies out there, than tow behind camper options.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Wait what the fuck is going on here. You have a tundra now?

this thread got broke off from this thread:

talking mainly about SleeperLS SleeperLS

we started discussing instead of him pulling two trailers, getting one toy hauler to sleep out of and camp within.

Reactions: OffshoreDrilling

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
my issue with these toyhaulers is like.. my shit is typicaly DIRRRRRRRTAY after it gets used, i mean unless you're cleaning it before you're loading it (and even if you do clean it) you're going to be parking a dirty/dusty/muddy/wet rig in your camper's kitchen/living area basically.

the ones at the rv show i walked through didn't have much as far as a solution to clean out the situation. i mean, throw some floor drains in the bitch so i could hose it out at least.
This was the number one reason I was considering a diesel to tow a 5th wheel. I have been chatting with Deezuz about diesels to get an idea about them since I dont know shit about them. The set up I really want is a 17+ f250/f350 6.7 to tow this beauty.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Buses[edit]
  • Berkshire Coach
  • Glaval Bus
  • Elkhart Coach
  • Starcraft Bus
  • StarTrans Bus
  • Turtle Top (acquired 2017)
Cargo Trailers[edit]
  • Force Trailers
  • Restroom Trailers
  • AmeraLite
  • Cargo Mate
  • Continental Cargo
  • Haulin Trailers
  • Lightning Trailers
  • Rance Aluminum Trailers
  • US Cargo
Commercial Trucks[edit]
  • Rockport Commercial Vehicles
Park Models[edit]
  • Cabins and Suites
  • Summit
  • Quailridge
Pontoon Boats[edit]
  • Berkshire Pontoons
  • South Bay Pontoons
  • Trifecta Pontoons

taws697

Addict
TCG Premium
Sep 11, 2015
West Chicago, IL
Real Name
Wes
This was the number one reason I was considering a diesel to tow a 5th wheel. I have been chatting with Deezuz about diesels to get an idea about them since I dont know shit about them. The set up I really want is a 17+ f250/f350 6.7 to tow this beauty.

Holy pin weight. That’s a lot for a single tire truck.

taws697

Addict
TCG Premium
Sep 11, 2015
West Chicago, IL
Real Name
Wes

I guess I’m behind the times with what these newer trucks are capable of. Shit adds up quick though. Dry pin weight on my trailer is 2400. My fifth wheel hitch setup weighs like 175. Throw some firewood in the bed, fill up all of the front compartments of the trailer. Then your wife packs everything she owns into the bedroom lol. Next thing you know, there’s 7k on the rear axle of the truck. What’s a pair of E-rated tires good for? 7500?

Reactions: Yaj Yak
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info