Quality built truck campers & toy hauler trailers discussion

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i think the biggest thing of this thread everyone is missing, is the plan to keep the current, awesome, tundra as primary tow pig.

secondary tow vehicle will be put in play when tundra has a camper behind it and the secondary has the sxs behind it.

which. typing all this, a situation you likely thought about, but, why not just get a bigass toyhauler camper that can haul the sxs and camp out of, leave a vehicle at home, only need to trailer one thing at a time. etc.

1582129918099.png

1582129828001.png

1582129879155.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Another though from that line..... I was thinking I wonder if a drop in camper is on the table and could Tundra handle that and trailer.

i've come to the belief that if you don't have 2750lbs of payload capacity, minimum, chances are you don't want to dick with a pickup bed slide in camper.

which to get to that number, you've got some weirdass ford f150 with a fucking weird payload package... or a 3/4 ton truck or larger.

not to mention they are expensive AF compared to most trailers.

only way id want a pickup camper is it would have to have at least a private toilet... and to get that, chances are the camper dry weight is at least 1900lbs. which leaves no room for passengers/gear/trailer tongue weight/etc.

Reactions: EmersonHart13

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Those guys do a lot of things that are bad. I follow you, no idea what those things weigh. Now Im gonna go look.

a lot.
alot a lot.

i was shopping yesterday to try to curb my sprinter ideas and make my truck sick.

legit can't make it make sense. anything big enough to be inside, is going to weigh at least 1500lbs DRY.

nobody in the truck, no gear, no luggage, no water, no propane, etc.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
this is the model ive found that likely makes the most sense for a 1/2 ton truck.

it's 1400lbs dry, and i really don't think this is a "good brand" i think it would work but i dont think the quality is there.

9 gallons of fresh water is almost a 75 lbs , propane, whatever other gear you have with you, all of a sudden 2k lbs happens QUICK without even having people in it.

also, the "toilet setup" on this is to put a porta potti in the shower :rofl:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
And they hold value like a Wrangler. Used ones are still big money and they also look outdated.

I could deal with this if I wanted to waste money

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Tundra seems to be the truck of choice for slide in campers here. There were 3 at my work, now we’re down to one guy (other two still have them but don’t work here).

they seem plenty capable of that.

also figured that the tundra was going away, missed that!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Tundra seems to be the truck of choice for slide in campers here. There were 3 at my work, now we’re down to one guy (other two still have them but don’t work here).

they seem plenty capable of that.

also figured that the tundra was going away, missed that!

I wonder if they are team #fuckgvwr or if they got light enough campers

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I thought about an over landing deal, but ultimately we want to bring our two large dogs with us and I don't see it working with that.

The toy haulers I found that were a decent quality and would fit a 14' machine are all pretty pricey and around 35 feet long. Also, they push 11k fully loaded.
The one I posted is under 10k gvwr

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info